1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Require you all esteem members guidance

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by nel signore, Jan 16, 2013.

1. nel signore

nel signore

dehradun
    Respected TFIAN's,

First of all let me thank you all for providing such a platform where newbies' like me can seek information. Seriously i think whosoever one reads into this forum would not help themselves but fell into love with fiat cars. I have been reading TFI Forum everyday since the day i come across it. Now i seek your help to get me out of this morass of indecision making which is making my family frustrated with me.

This is would be my first car, and only 2 cars stand on my priority list( safety,abs and built quality) which are POLO & PUNTO. Earlier it was POLO but now it's PUNTO all the way. The only concern creeping in my mind is ASS. Here in dehradun the local dealer is not interested in selling even what to speak of servicing of cars.

I request all respected members to please tell me how to go about servicing of vehicles come march 2013 after which people here at current TATA-FIAT showroom completely shut down it's servicing of FIAT cars. I met 2-3 people at showroom already suffering since the news of JV break up.

Is there anybody on this forum from dehradun who can help me out on how they would get their cars taken care of.

I am not worried of small niggles but GOD forbid if some unwilling happens then where would i go that is my worry. I've even spoken to some FIAT employee but they also are not clear when they'll have 3S in dun, from the sources i've come to know the present dealer of TATA-FIAT have refused to take dealership of FIAT and they are finding it hard enough to find another.

I sincerely do not want to loose out on PUNTO, believe me i am so much into this car, please help me you all respected members, give me a practical way out. I do not want to spend 7 lacs on a car which i do not even enjoy driving( polo) and on a car which has just a tin box built to it(swift).

Regards
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2013
    3 people like this.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    First of all welcome to the world of Fiat!!

There are few members from Dehradun, have a look at this thread - http://www.teamfiat.co.in/team-fiat-meets/8367-team-fiat-india-dehradun-meet-thread.html.
    I would suggest meet them and clarify all the doubts.

As per information, existing Tata service center will continue to service Fiat cars, till exclusive delaership and service center comes to your city. This is transition period and some confusion bound to happen.

Go ahead and take Punto (its much better car in almost all areas, compared to Polo). Actual service will come after a year and by that time you will see lots of positive changes happening.

Also, in case you are not in hurry, and can wait for 2-3 months, there will be refreshed version of Punto be launched, you can wait for that.

All the best.
    2 people like this.
  3. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Dear Nel,

Warm Welcome aboard!!! We all can understand that it is quite a task to choose your first car. The very first question that comes to a prospective Fiat customer is the availabilty of ASS and spare parts. We do have few members from Dehradun and you can contact them via PM/mobile and ask any queries related to service available at your place.

However, I believe that the existing Tata-Fiat ASS will be functioning till the end of march. Once you get your 1st sevicing done, then you need not visit a SC for atleast another year (if you are not a mile cruncher) which will be in 2014. I am sure, Fiat would have come up with an Exclusive SC by then. God forbid, if there is a running repair or an issue, there is always TFI-Dehradun Team, who would be more than happy to assist you by any means to get your issues resolved.

And yes, you will have Team Fiat INDIA always at your dispatch, to answer any of your queries.

Once you are behind Fiat's steering, all the frustration will vanish. Almost everyone here will vouch for that.

Cheers!!!
    Kiran
    3 people like this.
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Kiran, the existing dealership/service center should work till exclusive centers comes-up, I think by Dec 2013.
    The existing centers will stop only in cities, where the centers will come-up before March 2013.

But yes, in transition period, there are bound to be some confusion.
    3 people like this.
  5. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    @Ravi: Thanks for correcting me. It does make sense that the existing TASS would operate until a new exclusive Fiat SC comes up in any city/town.
    1 person likes this.
  6. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    Hi Nel, welcome to TFI!

Great to see another Fiat enthusiast from Dehradun!

Regarding your query about service centre, I had a small discussion with fellow Doon TFIians Rachit and Varun on the forum. Here it is: http://www.teamfiat.co.in/service-center-reviews/8695-when-will-we-have-fiat-s-s-dehradun.html

Apart from Oberai Motors, there is IS Motors in Roorkee. Varun used to get his Punto serviced from them before Oberai Motors started their Fiat operations.

Also, there is Joshi Autozone in Chandigarh. We got our T-Jet from them and also get it serviced there. Though Chandigarh is a bit far from our place (about 160 km), it will surely get a Fiat exclusive showroom.

Also, our mods have clarified that exisiting Tata-Fiat dealers will continue to operate till exclusive showroom come up, so I think servicing won't me much of a problem.

I have sent you my contact number via PM. Hoping to meet you sometime soon!
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2013
    2 people like this.
  7. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

Kochi/Bangalore
    I feel sad at the condition you are put into.. sincerely hope Fiat comes up with a 3s facility some place near yours. If nothing works out in favor, I would suggest you to be more practical and go with a car which can be serviced near your home.

This seems to be the first reported causality of Fiat-Tata JV breakup:(
  8. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    These kind of issues are bound to happen when partners bid good bye. I think things will get better in a year or two, and FIAT will be well-connected in India, just like any other auto maker.
  9. tps11

tps11 Amatore

Dehradun
    Dear,
    I have recently bought a linea from oberoi dehradun. Service is not a problem as far as i know as the team is ok. I have also been told that soon we are getting exclusive dealer in Dehradun (same oberoi). Please pm regarding sales team details. The guy i spoke too was good.
    Regards
    Tushar
    1 person likes this.
  10. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Linea T-Jet
    Hi Tushar!

Are you sure that Oberai's gonna open the exclusive showroom in Dehradun? Rachit said that Mr. Sanjay isn't sure whether Oberai will open the exclusive showroom.