1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Requesting help regarding - Stereo Panel / Frame / FASCIA Plate

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by nethan, Nov 14, 2013.

1. nethan

nethan Amatore

Bangalore
    Team,

Please advice on the Stereo Panel / Frame / FASCIA Plate for the aftermarket Head unit.

Went to Sachin's Autoshop, Bangalore yesterday.
    Sachin's Autoshop in bangalore told me that PUNTO Stereo Panel will cost me INR1400/-:shocked (for a small piece of plastic frame, this is really senseless ) whereas 99rpm website and FASS stores @ Fiat Caffe, whitefield says its cost INR235/- (stock available)

The guy from Sachin's Autoshop says that the one available at from Fiat OEM stores will not fit for any aftermarket Head units for punto and he insisted me to buy the one from his store for INR1400/-.

Dropped my idea of upgrading the Head unit from Sachin Autoshop for a while becuse of this incident. Guru's,experts and others who have already upgraded their OEM ICE please advise on the same.

Thanks
  2. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
  3. Arkin

Arkin Amatore

Go to some other installer like EVO, Torque etc.
  4. Roadking

Roadking Amatore

Bangalore KA
    Any installer would charge you above 1k for the finisher, I suggest you buy it from FASS and get the install done.. it should fit without issues..
  5. nethan

nethan Amatore

Bangalore

Thanks guys for your input. Planned to visit Fiat Caffe FASS, whitefield tomorrow and I'll buy the Stereo Pnael from directly.
  6. nethan

nethan Amatore

Bangalore
    Team,
    I have a question and please help me.

In my FGP Stock HU plays CD / Radio even when Ignition is turned off. Will it be the same setup even after upgrading the HU.

Where does the aftermarket HU will get power ? Is there a Plug n Play cable socket that connects to ISO adpter of the Car or will there be any new connection from the car Ignition terminal to aftermarket HU.

Wiring Diagram 1.jpg

what is the socket below the ISO Can bus socket used for ?

Yesterday removed the stock HU from the car and unplugged this socket (the one below the ISO socket) but still the HU played perfectly.

P.S: Tried connecting the Aux pin in this socket with a 3.5mm Jack - but nothing happened when pressed CD twice / HOld it for more than 10 Sec's
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
  7. nethan

nethan Amatore

Bangalore
    Stereo Panel Bought from KHT.
    ICE setup done from Torque, Jeevan Bheema Nagar.
    HU : JVC x50BT
    Speakers not yet changed. Planning buy something from US during Holiday Sale.

NOTE: Mod please Close this thread for the aforesaid reason.

Thanks