1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Request your help/opinion to choose between Faber and Seimens Hood.

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Vamsee, Apr 7, 2014.

1. Hello All,

I'm having a hard time choosing between these two kitchen hoods. Appreciate your expertise/opinion on this.

Faber STILO 90 LTW SUNZI

Seimens LC98BA521I
    Products - Cooking Appliances - Hoods - LC98BA521I

Both are in the near price range. Siemens is 24K INR and Faber is 21K INR.
    I have heard very good things about Faber Kitchen Chimney Hood products , especially that it is great for Indian kitchens. Also want to give it weight because it is a Kitchen Hood Chimney speciality shop from 1955 (at that it is Italian :)). But unfortunately in India, when I checked online, Faber hoods are being blasted for their very poor after sales service. The Sales person insists that it is a matter of the past and that now the Service is being handled by a new company and that the service is now very good. I'm in Hyderabad,India.

I have no idea regarding the Siemens Hood after sales service. I suppose the product will be of good quality because it is Siemens, I do have a little concern because the price is low and because it is supposed to be of a special Siemens budget range, even then I have belief that Siemens will give a quality product. Usually the Siemens hoods are in a much more expensive price range but this one is part of a budget series that is being targetted for the India market. If you go to the Siemens showroom, they will give you a small cardboard leaflet with the budget models.

Considering the factors of Quality of Product and After Sales Service, which do you think is a better buy?

Appreciate your responses.
  2. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    We are having faber kitchen hood since 2007. Till date no issues faced.

You need to keep the filter clean after every month or two to remove the oil discharge.

Buttons are good & sturdy for all type of work.
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    I am having the Faber stove+hood for the past 6+ years and no issues till now. I think there are two type of filters comes in the hood. For indian type of cooking, a particular type of filter is best suited. I don't remember that type name but I think it is Baffle filter. Consider this too while buying the hood.

Not sure about Siemens but it should also be good.
  4. Hello, Thank you both for your responses. It is indeed the Baffle filter for Indian Kitchen. It can be removed and tossed into the dish washer. Clean is easier if tossed into the dishwasher.
  5. Crazy Fiatian

Crazy Fiatian Amatore

Linea 1.3
    @Vamsee - Faber (Italy) and Siemens (Germany) won't disappoint us in terms of quality but when it comes to Kitchen hoods/Chimney I would pick Faber, they have been in this business for a very long time.

From service perspective I am not aware of Siemens but I have been using Faber Chimney for couple of years, so far I have got good/proper service response from them in Chennai. Kindly check how their service in Hyderabad.
  6. Thanks CF.

Considering all your responses, I suppose I will go for Faber.

Another important thing of Note which might make the selection of Faber a no-brainer.

Siemens Model

• Maximum extraction power 700-800 m³/h
    • Noise level : 58 dba
    Faber Model

• Maximum extraction power 1200 m³/h
    • Noise level : 62 dba