1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Request Help(MJD or T-jet)

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by srinivas21, Sep 20, 2015.

1. srinivas21

srinivas21 Timido

hyderabad
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Thank you all ..
    It was wealth of suggestions from you all
    i could not respond due to some personal work..
  2. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    if you dont care about mileage, it should be the Jet.
    You can browse internet for the reviews on MJD and TJET. You will find many negatives on MJD and some positives. But there is one car which has got reviewer's admiration , love in almost every review. That's nothing but the T-jet. :) No wonder the 114 horses will leave everyone amazed.
    Turbothinghy and PradeepM like this.
  3. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I thorougly concur with @Deepak . If FE is not of much importance, T-JET it is..period!! It is the cheapest performance oriented turbo petrol available in India (Not counting Bolt).
    prabhjot, C_S and Deepak like this.
  4. vinit

vinit Amatore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.3
    The torque figures for both the mjd and t jet are nearly the same. T jet does have additional power but that is available at higher RPMs. (How much percentage of your vehicle use will be performance oriented? ) You need to evaluate your actual usage requirements and then take the decision. If your monthly running is more than 1000 kms then mjd is a sensible choice. (Especially after the discounts that it has nowadays)
    prabhjot likes this.
  5. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @vinit

the t-jet's actually notably better in the city: far fewer gearshifts, lesser turbolag, wider torque-spread/rpm-range. Talking 'convenience-yet-fun' of urban commuting NOT 'performance'. And with the low petrol prices...however, if there's a lot of highway driving involved the mjd's preferable perhaps, given discounts and fuel-bill-minded-ness. Out on open roads the mjd is surely the equal of the t-jet, in the Linea tune that is, not the Abarth Punto's!
    Turbothinghy likes this.
  6. vinit

vinit Amatore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.3
    Well, car buying is not just an engineering equation, but an economical equation as well. And, if both the MJD and T Jet are available at the same price point, then MJD surely takes the preference, as it reduces your monthly running cost by nearly 50% (It is more evident if the running is higher). Also to note that, the resale value of diesel car is still higher in India compared to its petrol counterpart.

And after the recent ECU update for MJD, the so called "Turbo Lag" and "Poor Pickup" etc are gone, it makes the case even stronger in favor of MJD.

Having said this, I'll buy T Jet, if the on road price difference between MJD and T Jet is 1 to 1.5 Lakhs, but at the same price point, definitely MJD.
    Turbothinghy, prabhjot and asimpleson like this.
  7. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    @vinit, it actually depends on personal preference in the end. I was getting MJD and TJet at the same price but preferred TJet. Of course, my running is about 800 kms per month and that was also one reason which favored. BUT, the biggest one was the pull and the way TJet gets unleashed on the road, is what made me go for it. :)
    Turbothinghy and prabhjot like this.
  8. srinivas21

srinivas21 Timido

hyderabad
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Dear All,
    After days/weeks of indecision/decision/indecision ....Economics ruled over every other thing(sadly isn't ..it?). Booked a LInea MJD Emotion(Minimal grey)...might take delivery during Navarathri...
    Many Thanks to each one you..your passion and help really made the difference for me...
    @pradeep: As said by another team mate your posts are bible like for us...I stay in Hyderabad/Gachibowli ...Every time I see a Magnesio Grey Linea ...think of you...:) ..

Now some more help required from all of you w.r.t Delivery process:

1) Request you lead me to a through Checklist for PDI.
    2)can we /need to test drive during PDI ??
    3)As i need to sell/transfer my old vehicle ..how many days i can wait before going for a Permanent registration(to avail 12% tax).as the buyer of my old vehicle need to register it on his name...(actually a broker is taking it ..then he finds a buyer..)?

Request any other tips/ things to consider apart form Finance(Loan formalities are under process) ...

Thanks & Regards,
    Srinivasa
  9. vinit

vinit Amatore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.3
    First of all, don't be sad about your car purchase. It's still a fiat and its still a Linea. Absolutely no reason to be sad about it. And believe me, if your car has the latest ECU update, your smile is going to get wider and wider. So, congratulations.!.! :)

Now coming back to your other queries, i think the PDI checklist is already available on the forum. Pls ensure that the VIN matches to the manufacturing month committed by the dealer. And yes, a test drive is essential, however i have observed that many dealers are reluctant to provide this, since the car is still not officially transferred to your name. If something happens to the car, then they have to bear the expenses. However, you can still push for it, as it will help you find out any issues at this stage itself before making the final payment.

I didn't understand your third point clearly.

Enjoy the Linea to the fullest...
  10. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    congrats and welcome to the MJD club :)
    do not bother yourself much just relax and enjoy your beauty and her wait.