1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Request fiat for brake pad design change

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by Italia-Linea, Feb 19, 2011.

?

Should fiat change the design of low life brake pads which is a huge safety risk

1. Yes

73.0%
  2. No

27.0%
  1. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Did something i said sound offensive? Sorry, i didn't realize that.

May be a few emoticons were required to justify my mood. :p

@roadking, nothing i typed in above was intended to offend you. I was just trying to analyze what is different, since something has to be different given the FIAT OEM brake pad is the common entity.
    1 person likes this.
  2. Roadking

Roadking Amatore

Bangalore KA
    You don't have to be sorry, I guess my post made you feel that your post made me feel offensive but there is nothing like that. I am not sure why you felt that I felt offensive... guess my sentences were to the point and blunt

That said, back to topic- I am not sure what could be the problem, I assume I couldn't be unlucky twice with inferior quality brake pads. During the 3rd service even the SA was shocked that the brake pads were gone at 12k and had eaten up the rotors as well, they replaced the rotors under good will warranty though. The rotors seem to be fine this time around but the pads are almost done.. Car is at 41k on ODO and 18 months old..
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2014
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Article on Brake Pads lasting issue..posted for reading.

Here is a some good information for our mutual benefit. :razz:
    Please continue further discussion and investigate after reading this article. I am sure there is a good and logical explanation. Must state the obvious here; it could be one or multiple things leading to brake pad issues.

LINK for detailed reading of the article from which quoted herein...>> HowStuffWorks "How long do brake pads last?" <<
    There is a lot more detailed explanation and points in the original article should one care to read.

Types of brake pads..
    Which ones last more, which less and why..
    :idea: Point of stuck or sticking caliper..
    How and when to check the brake pads...Indicators of brake pads going bad..
    If one already knows the above and more, please share with us further or share this link. :wink:
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  4. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    ^^ nice piece of info @asimpleson. other that guesswork do we have any way to find out which type Fiat is using ?

@Roadking, do you start braking with clutch depressed? thats a practice which makes brake pads wear faster