1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Request fiat for brake pad design change

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by Italia-Linea, Feb 19, 2011.

?

Should fiat change the design of low life brake pads which is a huge safety risk

1. Yes

73.0%
  2. No

27.0%
  1. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    32K with OEM and another 10K then it's great news jayadev :)

Though FASS has suggested for more 10K ams, just check the break pads in 5K km interval from now.
    2 people like this.
  2. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    OT : ATE Ceramic break pads, has anyone tried this product? Looks like its better in its physical properties, cleaner action(no dust) and environmental friendly too

Advantages at a glance: low-dust – noise-free – long-life- Significantly reduced dust development

- Practically noise-free

- Better rim appearance

- Less brake pad and brake disc wear

- Greater comfort

- No brake judder

- Better environmental protection

- Lower repair costs

- Very safe

Vehicle brakes convert kinetic energy into heat through friction. This produces wear. A clear indication of this wear is the black dust which accumulates predominantly on the rims, leaving behind unsightly marks. This is not just inconvenient for vehicle owners who place high value on the appearance of their vehicle - brake dust is also harmful to the environment.

Innovative brake pad compound - ATE Ceramic is Continental's solution for low-dust, noise-free, resource-saving and environmentally friendly braking. The secret of the new brake pads lies in a brake pad compound which uses innovative fiber technology During braking, it produces a "transfer film" on the brake disc. This protects the brake disc from excessive wear. The result: less brake dust, more comfort, less wear.

image.jpg

image.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  3. dnyanesh666

dnyanesh666

Mumbai
    changed the first set of brake pads at 35k, the second at 60k and the third set in still going at 82k. Now the SA recommends changing of pads as well as the discs. Thinking of using after market ones and seeing the performance.
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
    2 people like this.
  4. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    Which brand are you going with? I have read that OEM is best, personally breaks are never to be experimented with !!
  5. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    I recently got Type II brake pads and calipers under warranty.I must say there is less brake dust compared to Type I and braking is smooth and crisp too.And there is no squeek or any type of sound coming at slow braking.
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
    2 people like this.
  6. You may want to have a look at Brembo brand pads. The price is on par with the OE ones.

:)

Sent from my Elife E3 using Tapatalk v4.1.4
  7. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Finally I got my brake pad changed at 32000km. Replaced with Bosch, but it whistles mildly at slow brakings.

OEM Galfer somehow makes me feel unreliable above 90km especially when rotor temperature shoots up moreover too much of brake dust.

-
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    How is bosch brake pad functioning? Better than OEM?
    And how much it costs?
  9. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Type 1 or 2?
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2014
  10. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Bangalore
    DO not buy ATE....

They ate my disc and I had to change them..huge sound....while braking...

Avoid ATE