1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Request fiat for brake pad design change

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by Italia-Linea, Feb 19, 2011.

?

Should fiat change the design of low life brake pads which is a huge safety risk

1. Yes

73.0%
  2. No

27.0%
  1. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Are the new type brake pads available in Mageneti Merelli? Is yes, how much does it cost and where do I get one in Bangalore.
  2. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ^^ Krishna, I was discussing about Mageneti Merelli with Sham (theblack) during Vecto meet. He sourced it from a auto accessory shop in JC Road. I belive cost is @Rs. 2500-2700. Need to check whether his Punto uses the old design or the new one
  3. Can you post the details of the shop if possible
  4. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ^^ My bad, forgot the shop name :A theblack, please help ::V remember the landmark its near Pai Viceroy hotel off JC Road. After entering JC road, first left. Its a narrow road which leads to this hotel and surroundings are full of car accessories and spare parts shops
    1 person likes this.
  5. nishweth

nishweth Amatore

kannur,kerala
    My 2010 linea which has done 28000km is due for brake pad change
  6. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    The place is called 'JK automobiles' .
    My car has the older design of brake pads and it costed me 2100 + tax .

PS : Since the change I think I've done more than 12000 and i think i can still do another 20-25 .
    Surprising my driving habits haven't changed that much . MM is fairly thicker than GALFER so just by size it's going to give me more kms to run.
    The bite is just as good as GALFER as well.

For my next pad change i'm looking at tarox or roulands unless they are not ridiculously expensive.
  7. PranavOne

PranavOne Amatore

Chennai
    Friends, My OB Punto just completed one year, it clocked 22K Kms, I am bit worried about the above statement should I change the brake pads.
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2013
  8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ^^ Get it checked in your next servicing, members have used brake pads for more than 30K KM.
    My current pads already completed 25K+ KM.
    1 person likes this.
  9. 1+ to that, My first set of pads were changed at 16 K kms , now my car is just 30 k kms away touching 50 k kms,brake pad is still going good.
  10. pvnaraya

pvnaraya

Chennai
    Whether frequent usage of hand brakes (in signals) will reduce the life of break pads !!!!