1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Request fiat for brake pad design change

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by Italia-Linea, Feb 19, 2011.

?

Should fiat change the design of low life brake pads which is a huge safety risk

1. Yes

73.0%
  2. No

27.0%
  1. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
  2. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    some one from our forum has used brake pads from brakes india limited.
  3. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

Bangalore
    the last set of pads in my linea were changed at 60k service and right now the odo is showing 98k... there is still a good 5000km of life left in them.

the first set of pads i changed lasted me about 28k kms... i learnt my lesson and i started using engine brake along with the brakes.... and i got this life....

if you guys are not comfortable with engine braking, i would suggest you to purchase the t-jets brake calliper assembly( a set of pads come along with it) and the disc of t-jet. they are a direct fit on to the multijet lineas and puntos..... although the only thing is, the brake pads for t-jets are somewhere close to 5800Rs. and the discs are costly too.....the brake fluid pipe has to be fixed to the new calliper that all...... no modifications or jugaad involved. but a very costly setup..... so i'm taking time to save up money for it
  4. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Got Reply from Pete's . Here is the quote .
    Tarox Brake pads - 10,800 Rs
    Rotors - 22,500 Rs. :shocked

P.S - I understand that these brake systems are designed Heavy performance situations.
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  5. You can afford to change the OEM ones 7 times for that money.
    1 person likes this.
  6. apt

apt Timido

vadodara
    just completed 9000kms
    feeling that my GP brakes are not working as it was before
    i m not the technical person but i must say they should take with the care n maintain as they given to us compare to European country
    i dont find that much quality of product as i drived the italy's punto last month when i was in turin, italy.
  7. amar_gahir

amar_gahir Amatore

Delhi
    Right.. using engine retardation is the best way to slow down vehicle...

i changed my Punto's break pad at 44k.... still there was meat left on the removed pads.. i cud have easily gone for another 5-8k. but since i was planning to go to hills .. hence changed it little bit early....

8. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    It is Pioneeraaron who changed his brakes pads from brakes india limited at a cost of Rs.1600 per set of pads. Check his post here.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
  9. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    There are 2 designs for the brake pads. Old ones had flange protruding. news ones dont have that. Nov 2010 onwards cars are fitted with new brake calipers and new brake pads. Make sure you buy the correct one. Most after market ones are old design.
  10. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Italia-Linea
    Thanks for the caution.