1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Request fiat for brake pad design change

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by Italia-Linea, Feb 19, 2011.

?

Should fiat change the design of low life brake pads which is a huge safety risk

1. Yes

73.0%
  2. No

27.0%
  1. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I Think KBX has partner ship or took over by BREMBO. In 2008 i worked for couple of months as a Technical Consultant. I Shall Contact soon and enquire about Punto Brake pads.
  2. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I had recently replaced by Punto's brake pads.
    FYI: Just noticed that the new ones were made in Italy by Ricambi for Strada.
  3. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    I am facing metallic noise from my rear brakes on slopes. The noise also comes when handbrakes are pulled on slopes. I am planning to get them checked on this weekend

Is the TASS cost (Rs 3000 nowadays, maybe Rs 2000 earlier) mentioned over here for a set of 2 brake pads or for 4 brake pads (TJet)? If its for 2 only, then I shall probably end up buying for the rear part only as the noise seems to come from the rear
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2012
  4. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Brembo India ( Previously KBX ) based in Chakan-Pune is not making brake pads for Linea / Punto . Yesterday i have enquired them. They have confirmed it.

I Tried to contact ROULUNDS BRAKING INDIA .. Haryana .. seems to be no one is interested to pick the phone Group Companies - Roulunds Braking They dont have Transparent Product catalogue in their portal.
    For benefit of all please provide pointers to source brake pads of ROULUNDS or Magneti Marelli make...
    If Brake pads are cheaper we can order in bulk at one time and distribute among our TFI members ( Who ever Interested ).
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  5. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Shashank,

I think people already looked for AfterMarket Break pads out in the market and i guess some found replacements, but i don't remember seeing longterm feedback from them. I guess theblack has aftermarket ones on his ride.

The older model: http://www.teamfiat.co.in/fiat-oem-...fiat-brake-pad-design-change-9.html#post46256

The newer one: http://www.teamfiat.co.in/fiat-oem-...at-brake-pad-design-change-19.html#post108637

Im game to try out aftermarket pads if they are available for the newer model at a price lower than stock.
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  6. Magneti Merelli pads are good one will last longer then OEM GALFAR.
  7. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    I would suggest do not shift from OEM unless you have few dependable reviews of the aftermarket pads mentioning that they provide equally good braking!!
    1 person likes this.
  8. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @ Shams -- You are right - In my case OEM pads gave decent life..stock one lasted for - 25k Kms and my ODO is on 42k kms. I cant even expect more as OEM brake pads offer excellent Braking.
    But mainfactor is pricing.
    The pricing at TASS is 3500 Rs incl Labor which is near to normal Servicing amount which is unfair in my opinion.
    If at all they price it near to Rs 2000 incl labor its more Value for Money.

Some of our folks ended up replacing brakepads around 11k or 15k kms. In these cases Maintainane cost on brakepads would be more than maintainance cost of Regular service ;)
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2012
  9. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Try sourcing the brake pads elsewhere and getting it done at your friendly neighborhood garage. This way you can keep the costs under check and also enjoy the OEM feel. Kava should help you source OEM one easily, In Chennai VST charges only 450 for pad replacement.
  10. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    teky, I had checked with kava about OEM galfer pads. they quoted the same price as Fiat SC. They told they dont earn anything in it hence the price! theblack had also asked the price in some shop in JC road where he came to know that its costlier than the SC price!

I had paid 3100 (including labour) for replacement last month at Fiat SC for part no 77362180. There are 3 types available based on the manufacturing date of car.