1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Request fiat for brake pad design change

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by Italia-Linea, Feb 19, 2011.

?

Should fiat change the design of low life brake pads which is a huge safety risk

1. Yes

73.0%
  2. No

27.0%
  1. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    That's bad news . Even I thought theblack was talking about the new pads. I was told by a local mechanic that there are brake pads for punto available locally with Lancia branding. Gurjinder was telling that Palio's spares used to come with Fiat /Lancia branding. I need to show him my replaced brake pads to confirm if the new model is available locally. As the approx. price for the pads quoted came to around 3500 Rs, I planned to stick with OEM pads.
  2. [/COLOR]
    Thebalck got me these MM brake pads i will post the side profile of it, I think this brake should fit into pre 2011 model Linea? confirm after i post the pictures.
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2012
  3. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    I guess they will fit the pre oct/nov 2010 cars. Mine is Dec 2010 and wont fit.
  4. IMAG0202.jpg IMAG0200.jpg IMAG0201.jpg

Magenti Merelli pads seems to be at least 5-6 mm thicker than Galfar/Lancia,so it may last longer and it is RS 1000 cheaper than what is provided by TASS.
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2012
  5. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    thanks for the pics. :)
    1 person likes this.
  6. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Here's a comparison, the MM ones indeed looks slightly thicker (not much though), but we'll have to wait and see how long it lasts. But being available at an incredibly lower price is always an advantage. Lets hope we find the newer model ones too.

2.jpg
  7. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    I think we can find the new models as well ..MM should have the newer ones too..
    Unfortunately neither of our cars run on them so I didnt bother looking for it ;)
  8. Why don't I see a ventilation slit on these pads ? Am I missing something ?
  9. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    No you arent missing anything. These brake pads dont have one.

Looking at MM brake pads i dont feel they are thicker than oem ones. Mainly if they were too much thick they wont fit in our calipers.

I browsed MM, EBC, Brembo brake pads catalogue. No one has newer brake pad design
  10. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    i have physically kept both MM and OEM pads side by side and the former is definitely thicker than OEMs. I can assure you that much.

---------- Post added at 11:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 PM ----------

btw this brings me to another question...
    How does one check if the rotors are in good shape or it needs a change?, i.e if i dont have a vernier calipers
    Is it possible to figure out anything by pure inspection?