1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Request fiat for brake pad design change

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by Italia-Linea, Feb 19, 2011.

?

Should fiat change the design of low life brake pads which is a huge safety risk

1. Yes

73.0%
  2. No

27.0%
  1. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Sat can you please try to get a snap of the pad which you are having so that we can figure it out how many types are available & we can try to list out which model requires which particular type of pad.
  2. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Look at Cinju's post on pg 18, post #172 .
    The image of the older pads is clearly shown.. That is the design of pads for all '09 models and early '10 models .

---------- Post added at 11:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 AM ----------

Btw , here is a 300kms update about the Magnetti marelli pads.
    So far it's been very good.. I feel that braking has improved slightly and beginning to believe that it might last more than 15K easily.
    Fortunately the stupid / annoying screeching noise upon gradual braking is now Fully gone :dance .
    If not anything at least for the fact that there is no braking noise i would prefer MM any day..
    thank god.
  3. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    How did you procure these brake pads...In another months time, I will have to replace my brake pads. I am interested to go for MM, and mine July 2009 model, the earliest of the lot.
  4. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Very aptly said !! Right on money and is one of the biggest bugging point for Fiat, if only it can rectify this. The car owner should not be made to visit service station frequently. Once in 4-5 months is still ok (excluding accidental repairs).
  5. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Do you have snaps of magnetti marelli pads that fitted onto your punto? what model is your car?

My linea is dec2010 and is fitted with new designed pads. I bought them from TASS for 3080rs.

---------- Post added at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

Do you have snaps of magnetti marelli pads that fitted onto your punto? what model is your car?

My linea is dec2010 and is fitted with new designed pads. I bought them from TASS for 3080rs.
  6. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Im terribly sorry.. I thought I had uploaded it and forgot about it..
    IMAG0159.jpg
    I paid 2300..
    Its is noticibly thicker than Galfer .. If not anything at these for the sheer thickness it will last a good 10k more than Galfer.
    Also That annoying screeching noise when i apply is now gone.. Thank god
  7. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Another friend of mine has the same as well and he's not used it yet.. I will take the box piece pics and upload it shortly..
    You guys can figure out the thickness from that, I guess..
  8. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    This is the old model ones. The Roulands which i had got for 1050rs were the same as these magnetti.

Sadly the newer design is like this View attachment 23835 which is not available in any leading brake pad manufacturers

http://www.teamfiat.co.in/fiat-oem-...at-brake-pad-design-change-19.html#post108637
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2012
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    We need a pic from the side profile to see the thickness :)
  10. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Yes I'm aware of it.. I will do some photoshopping and join the pics :)