1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Request fiat for brake pad design change

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by Italia-Linea, Feb 19, 2011.

?

Should fiat change the design of low life brake pads which is a huge safety risk

1. Yes

73.0%
  2. No

27.0%
  1. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Brake Pad Kits | Magneti Marelli Aftermarket N.A.
    After I saw the pads is when i even bothered googling to figure it out.. :)
    But i must say those pads look kickass.. They are really thick, Wondering if they will fit, any ideas.. If so then I would probably go and pick them up.

---------- Post added at 02:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 PM ----------

Looks like it might fit GP
    The Fiat Group Launches Cheaper Original Brake Products
  2. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Can someone please confirm if the punto 90 hp has a different design from the above 2 pads ? Why I am asking so is because of one my friend with a 90 HP is struggling to find brake pad for 90 HP. He has checked with dealers in Trivandrum & Kochin & none of them are having it. Really confused :confused:
  3. Preetham

Preetham

I Agree with all the posts. I drive a GP 1.3 MJD. Its 2nd service after 12500 km & the service guy called me up & said that brake pads has to be changed. I didnt beleive my ears. After looking at the posts here it seems to be true. Hope FIAT is noticing this.
  4. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    @Preetham 12500 is too early. Just check with any local mechanic too before going in for a replacement. Just to be on the safer side.
  5. Nimish antony

Nimish antony Regolare

Kochi
    90Hp and 75 HP brake pads.

3rd Free service.
    I just clocked 29k on my car and had given it for free service.
    The oil filter, wire mesh filter, air filter,fuel filter, and engine oil cost me 5476/- inclusive of 651 as Vat. The service was done at kuluthangal motors Tvm and i have no complaints on the service. Got a dedicated Fiat mechanic who knows his job well and who was referred to by a friend of mine

Now as always fiat has something that keeps you bugged. They either screw up the service or find new ways to make things a mess. My brake pads need to be replaced and i insisted on a replacement along with the service. The answer is brake pads for the 90Hp are different from the rest and hence not available. I contacted Mohandas motors in Tvm, Concorde and RF in Cochin and in vain. They say its just not available.

Fellow TFI members at Tvm had got a chance for a small get together and Just got a chance to check out all our cars and it was noticed that the cars launched in 2010 had a different set of locks and size. I am literally confused as some tell me the new pads are same as of the linea and some say 90 and 75 have different pads. If someone has a solution it would be helpful ..

Moreover i require the brake pads urgently and now i have left my car in my garage and im using my bicycle.. Fiat has an exercise plan for all the loyal dedicated fans.. I am loving it though
  6. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Recently, fellow TFIAN theblack has changed his brake pads to magneti marelli at Rs.2,300/-. search the forum threads you can find much info. regarding this.
  7. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    I guess this thread is mergeable.

http://www.teamfiat.co.in/engine-co...at-brake-pad-design-change-18.html#post107894

The above link should help you differentiate. It's not different for 90 and 75 Hp, It's just that all the newer cars from 2011 i guess are getting the newer Brake pads. Just change of clip type from what i see.

One more pic of the newer model for your reference. I just got my pads and disks changed yesterday, the fiat pads cost me 3080 and the disks 2250 something.

IMAG0148.jpg
    Last edited: May 30, 2012
  8. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad

90 HP Pads Aren't different, they are same as the newer ones you posted (Post 172) earlier. Mine is July 2011- 90 HP.
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Mods Note - Threads Merged.
  10. Mine is 2010 Model 76 BHP and pads are different than one shown in the picture.