1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Request fiat for brake pad design change

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by Italia-Linea, Feb 19, 2011.

?

Should fiat change the design of low life brake pads which is a huge safety risk

1. Yes

73.0%
  2. No

27.0%
  1. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Mine is the '09 model (one from the first batch of puntos)
  2. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Brakepad design Side by Side comparison . Snap taken from both the links & merged. I have highlighted the difference in yellow.

Pad Comparison.jpg
    2 people like this.
  3. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    All Bangalore folks.. This is great news..
    I just spoke to Vijaya motors (they deal with bosch pads) and I quoted the pad number and asked him. The guy said that it is available but would take about 10-days.
    And the cost he approximated it at 500rs :shocked :shocked

Now bosch pads and that cheap? If its true then nothing like it, but what about genuineness?
    PS:: Vijaya motors is located dead opposite to Urvashi theater
    1 person likes this.
  4. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    mine is 09 manufactured 1.4 linea. will bosch pads work on it. which model no. then. i think my brake pads will need change after the monsoon.
    thanks in advance.
  5. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    btw is there a general acceptance to the thickness of the pads to the amount of kms it can be used?
    This would come in very handy to judge the expected kms one can safely run once the pads begin to wear
  6. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    I always buy Bosch brake pads for my maruti and its for 500rs.
  7. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    I never knew pads were the cheap .
    I will check them out today and see
  8. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    If it is Rs.500/- then nothing to bother to change brake pads even at 15K intervals.
  9. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Ok.. So i just came back after a morning of pad hunting.. here are some reports.
    Vijay,
    I went to official BOSCH dealers in bangalore and inquired about the pads.. Like you said they didn't have anything punto/linea specific in their catalog.
    What struck me was the model
    they say is wrong ?? how is that possible?
    Can you please clarify if its the same number?
    I told them that this is the correct number and the pads are actually designed for palio adventure, they still couldn't find anything w.r.t to this number.
    However the gentlemen told me that they will look it up and let me know by monday.

[2]
    FIAT pads,
    FIAT india supplies pads from GALFER . what was surprising was the cost of this is 3150, TASS sells it at a cheaper rate :shocked

[3]
    Magneti marelli
    First time i saw Magneti marelli pads , I never knew they made pads as well..
    The design contours matched exactly that of GALFER but the pads were at least 5-6mm thicker than GALFER.
    This costs 2500, i wanted to pick this up but thought I will wait till the BOSCH guys revert with info...
    However does this extra thickness cause problems for mounting the wheel by any chance???
    (This is visibly much much meatier than GALFER)

TVS and KBX i didn't find anywhere (will keep looking)
  10. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Pads on adventure will fit only old 2009 early 2010 model punto and linea. Galfers are oems for fiat.

This is a news to me that magnetti marelli produces brake pads. I would say buy them without waiting for bosch.