1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Request fiat for brake pad design change

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by Italia-Linea, Feb 19, 2011.

?

Should fiat change the design of low life brake pads which is a huge safety risk

1. Yes

73.0%
  2. No

27.0%
  1. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Ha ha that's good. Maybe you can do a favor for all fellow TFIans by getting us the details of the person /online shop from where we can get the stuff. Can you please post pic of the pad so that we can know how it looks like as there seems to be 2-3 brake pad designs for punto /linea.
    Last edited: May 23, 2012
  2. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    That is damn cheap .. FIAT charges 3200 for OEMs .. Can you please post some user experience and also help me procure the same?.
    The pads i have are almost dead
  3. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    I asked SA about frequent change of Elastic Pads. He said that because of this reason, Fiat has now provided new design pads which he has installed in my car. Does this mean the rubber cap? Also, in my car only left side pad is changed. For right side, do I need to get the rubber cap added?
  4. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    It was a flop show for me. The pads are wrong. They are for older lineas. 2010 onwards fiat had changed the calipers to Lancia ones :(

When they change the elastic pads they put the rubber cover too. You can see it from the bonnet too. The strut mounts should not be visible. See it near the bottom of the windshield plastic trim.
  5. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    I got a quote for original lancia pads at 4000, but that's way too expensive I felt...

what do you think of getting brake pads from companies like TVS? I mean I know a guy who says he can get me the pads if i give him a sample piece.. Mostly it will be from TVS.. any ideas if its sensible to go in for that?
  6. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    TVS, Bosch , KBX are good brake pads. But they are not manufacturing for linea and punto it seems.
    Rolunds are good. But unfortunately old model.

The remaining best option is to buy from TASS and fit it from outside.
  7. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    ok let me try my luck and see if i get anything .. I will post it if i do find anything
    1 person likes this.
  8. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Bosch pads are available for Linea/Punto. I had emailed bosch india asking for bosch part no 0 986 424 554 and I got a reply they are available in India.
    If you directly ask for Linea they will say not available as the online catalog in which they check have diff part no which is for overseas linea but linea in India have different caliper same as Fiat Palio Adventure had in India
    Next time would try getting Bosch pads

K0986424554.BMP.JPG
    Last edited: May 24, 2012
  9. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    This is welcome news... So i want to buy bosch pads.. how do i proceed now?
    is that the part number i should quote?
    And is this the linea's or punto's pads? (are both same?)
  10. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Last edited: May 24, 2012