1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Request fiat for brake pad design change

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by Italia-Linea, Feb 19, 2011.

?

Should fiat change the design of low life brake pads which is a huge safety risk

1. Yes

73.0%
  2. No

27.0%
  1. RollingIce

RollingIce Amatore

Pune
    Same here....changed at around 18K. Now I think twice before applying brakes ;)
  2. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Even after careful braking my brake pads are about to give up. Done 24k now.

Changing them to Roulands braking tommorrow. lets see how they fare.
  3. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    No use Amit. It's established that brake pads need frequent change than it should be. The other parts requiring frequent change, I suspect, are Elastic pads and strut mounts.

Share your experience with Roulands once you change it.
    Last edited: May 21, 2012
  4. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    My pads are also dying and will be dead in about 1500kms.. I need to change as well can you please tell me the cost of roulands?
    Is there any specific spec i should adhere to? Where to get it from ?

---------- Post added at 11:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 PM ----------

Contacted Petes for Tarox and it a whopping 10K for a pair :shocked :shocked
  5. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Italia-Linea Please, consider posting some pics. of roulands brake pads and worn-out original pads.
  6. Italia-Linea

Pune
    Yeah !! Elastic pads and mounts can be protected by adding the rubber cap. Before putting on the rubber cap just take a cotton rag , dip it on oil and wipe all the studs and surrounding parts. They wont rust.
  7. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    can you please tell us how of a hole roulands burnt into you're pockets?
  8. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    That's a job of Fiat and not a customer's. Why Fiat is not doing it?
  9. SunilFiat

SunilFiat Novizio

pune
    I have also seen lot of black powder on my alloys. It seems indeed they are wearing very fast.
    I have changed mine after ~22K. Thought I haven't had issue with brakes. That could be due to i didn't have to to hard brake in recent time except once.
  10. Italia-Linea

Pune
    They are already doing it. They are just not brushing oil. But now they are changing elastic pads for all customers with noise complaints and once they change them they put the newly designed rubber cap on the strut mounts.

If your car doesnt have it get it asap before rains.

Roulands costed me Rs.1050 + Rs.620 shipping.

Our forum member did a great favour to me by shipping them to pune. I dont want to disclose his name without his permission or else his PM will be full for similar requests :)