1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Request fiat for brake pad design change

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by Italia-Linea, Feb 19, 2011.

?

Should fiat change the design of low life brake pads which is a huge safety risk

1. Yes

73.0%
  2. No

27.0%
  1. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    if someone doesnt have the data can you please call some service centre guy and ask him for dimensions written on the box/ part list. i am in germany so cannot call myself
  2. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

When I changed brake pads, my disc was perfectly healthy. As of now my car is around 24750 kms but discs have lot lot lines which can be felt by touching them with closed eyes. These line are on whole disc and on both the discs.

I am sure new brake pads killed my discs. I've raised this concern to Tata Fiat. They said that let them analyze weather this happened due to faulty break pads or due to misaligned installation. Let see what can be done now.

I am not able to understand why this happened only with in 2400 kms only. I am really fed now, for how many parts, how many times, you can ask for warrenty.
  3. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    mine were worn out after 18,000.till date mine was 40% in hills and 60% in city....

punto gulps pads very hastily...never had such issues in my accent before 45000.
  4. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I recently changed Brake pads @45000 KM. So I don't think that Punto gulps pads.
    In fact they could have last for next 5000 km also. But I replaced due to my busy schedule.
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2011
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The SA (Concorde Motors) told me that the brake pads design has indeed been changed, for new cars. And their life expectancy is much more than existing one.
    This change will not be applicable to older cars, as not so easy and cheap, to replace design of old cars.

I can't confirm if this is true or not.
  6. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    So they have two different sizes of brake pads to maintain? I would take this with bag load of salt.

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
  7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I am not sure if its 2 different size, its more than that.
    Actually whole braking system is changed, as per SA.
  8. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    yes i too think this. as i was looking for performance pads for my car people posted 2 different pics of brake pads.
    i am attaching both pics.
    3.jpg

576400d1310538894-required-dimensions-brake-pads-linea-puntobrakepad.jpg
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2011
  9. sdp1975

sdp1975 Amatore

Bangalore
    For those of you whose brake pads were changed early - did you take back the old pads and inspect them for the life left in them ?

My SA was advising changing brake pads at 15,000 km but I'm still doing OK with the same pads at 27,000 km.
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2011
  10. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3

request don't do that anymore,i had really a nasty experience bcoz pads not changed timely..plz do it asap.........