1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Request fiat for brake pad design change

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by Italia-Linea, Feb 19, 2011.

?

Should fiat change the design of low life brake pads which is a huge safety risk

1. Yes

73.0%
  2. No

27.0%
  1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    You'll be hard-pressed to find a car which does not make that 'noise'. It is normal.
  2. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    My brake pads were replaced at 11000 kms. My Usage pattern is 80% city driving and 20% on highways. I got them replaced they started making krrr...noise when braking.
  3. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I am at 22k and the brake pads are still in good shape. Got them checked when the clutch assembly in my car was replaced.

Usage : 80% City and 20% highway.
  4. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Vijay_Khasa

You made some very very valid points there.

And yes, I'll have to get the stuff you mentioned checked in next visit. I see far too much brake dust on alloys. But then my driving conditions are very challenging - daily 3 to 3.5 hours (64 kms) in B2B traffic with constant braking. and my aggressive driving style does not help it either.
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    For discussion and deliberation purposes, i present a few facts.

The U.S. Toyota Camry , bigger and heavier than the Linea, and capable of doing far serious highway speeds sees about 90,000 - 1,00,000 kms from its factory fitted brake pads . And the braking effectiveness of the Camry cannot be doubted.
    The U.S. Corolla regularly sees 60,000kms+ from its factory fitted brake pads.

Our trusty Palio 1.9D went 50,000 with the factory front brake pads, and the rear ones were changed much later.

I have a Linea MJD , and i do feel that atleast 40,000 kms ( combined city+highway) should be the life of these pads, unless we're driving our cars on the Nürburgring :).

Gurjinder.
  6. ma brakes are running fine.done 24k kms.not much of brake dust also.and i ve found a source who sells punto brake pads(made in turkey,OE of turkey punto).he is charging 1.5k for the pads.i think he said 1.5k.let me check.
  7. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    My Linea has covered 22k+ km so far, mostly highways. During the summer check-up camp on 29 April 2011, I specifically asked them to check the brake pads. It seemed, they are okay.
  8. sdp1975

sdp1975 Amatore

Bangalore
    Last edited: May 17, 2011
  9. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    my OE brakes on alto lasted almost 65000 kms and without going for an OE again i purchased the kbx from outside for 500rs. they are way better than the original ones
  10. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    hi, can someone please give me the dimensions of these brake pads?

I am planning to buy performance brake pads for linea but they need perfect dimensions.

please refer to the pic below for dimensions reference

DP1337.jpg
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2011