1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

replacing the factory fit music system - help needed

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by mkarunakar, Mar 17, 2014.

1. motorheader

motorheader

CHENNAI
    Hello Karunakar,
    If you are ok with the way your current setup sound but lack of features are an issue as in USB and GPS. I would recommend little upgrades that will make you happy and easy on the pocket.

1. Kenwood Kos-A300 - takes in USB input plays Mp3s and Wav also connects to the iPhone using apple's original cable
    2. GPS solution - You could look at the Sygic India maps for IOS and Andriod. The software downloads the maps onto your phone and you dont need dataplan and it also has turn by turn voice over as well. Works superb in India and maps in other countries.
    If you need a in-dash player with navigation irrespective of apps. Then please have a look at Pioneer AVIC-5000NEX
    1 person likes this.
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Motorheader, please correct me but doesn't the Kenwood KOS-A300 work with the factory fitted head unit's AUX input? No Fiat car manufactured after March 2010 supports AUX input.
  3. motorheader

motorheader

CHENNAI
    My bad it completely slipped my mind of the lack of the AUX input, you are right PaddleShifter. Although Karunakar, if you are willing to do the Sygic GPS software you could look at the Pioneer 80PRS
  4. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Ok, if you are seriously considering a aftermarket headunit, this is the best solution. It is a direct fit, 0 modifications, Plug and play, Steering controls retained, 5 Inch screen Inbuilt GPS, can connect rev camera, bluetooth A2DP streaming etc etc per the claims. Would cost around 500$.

Headunit new.jpg
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2014
    3 people like this.
  5. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    Which made, cost and where can we get it from?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
  6. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    This is manufactured in China, will be shipped from there. Price in my last post.

I am worried about the customs duty + the price is a but steep, hence didn't venture out.