1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

replacing the factory fit music system - help needed

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by mkarunakar, Mar 17, 2014.

1. mkarunakar

mkarunakar

Bangalore
    Hi,

I would like to change the Fiat Punto Dynamic factory fitted audio system as this is very basic and doesn't have USB option also.

Can someone suggest me a good GPS+Audio system devise (both in one) in economic price?

Thanks
    Karunakar
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Your Punto will fit only 1-DIN system and you need to alter/cut the center console to fit a 2-DIN system. Whats your budget and what all do you plan to change? e.g. speakers, sub-woofers, amplifiers etc, if any.
  3. mkarunakar

mkarunakar

Bangalore
    Hi,

Thank you so much for the quick reply, At present I am looking for only headset change with GPS navigation system. Please suggest me the models.

And also May I know the difference between 1-DIN and 2-DIN system?
  4. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    As said by Yashik, you can fit in a 1 DIN system in the car without any issue. Before getting any further, just think on the following lines:

1. Have your music kit and navigation separate.
    2. Kenwood/Pioneer/JVC system with BT is what I would recommend.
    3. Either have navigation in your mobile Android/Windows or buy Mapmyindia or Tom tom device. Nokia Windows uses HERE maps while Sygic MMI is available free of cost for Android. Just get a smartphone with 4.3" as screen size.

Of course above all do mention your budget. That is more a fundamental element.

For the difference between 1 DIN and 2 DIN try googling / search this forum. A lot is there.
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  5. mkarunakar

mkarunakar

Bangalore
    Thank You for the information, I do not want to place GPS navigation system separately as it will occupy the space again. This is the reason I am looking for GPS with Multimedia set. Please suggest me the devices which suits my Punto Dynamic Model. and also let me know if there is any good shop in Bangalore where I can go and see.
  6. 5hadow

5hadow Timido

New Delhi
    1. Sir, without budget any suggestions will be moot.

2. Please note GPS with HU will cost a bomb compared to a separate 1-Din HU and GPS device/GPS on smartphone. This means altering the console to fit in the 2-din device as well as the cost of the device. Please consider this before asking for help.

PS - To know about good installers in your area, check this - Bangalore - Team-BHP
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2014
  7. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    For fitting a 2-DIN HU, you need to modify the console and that may affect your warranty as well in case wires are not handled properly while manipulation. See this pic below.

The hazard warning switch and its companion switches have been moved up while center console has been cut to adjust a 2-DIN HU. This is your only option for in dash HU.

Linea Dual Din.jpg
    2 people like this.
  8. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    @mkarunakar: In my Linea, I am having the music, bluetooth and GPS as separate devices. In fact I am using Sygic in my mobile for navigation. Though my ICE is BT enabled, I am not using that so as to enjoy my music. So you too can consider such a set up. Again Vitamin M is the key.
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2014
  9. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    I just used Sygic MMI today. Too good. Loved it. My cousin as well saw the same and insisted I download the same in his Smartphone. Thanks Buddy :)
  10. Iluvpunto

Iluvpunto Amatore

Chennai
    Hi mkarunakar,

If you want all in one then you should remove the cost constraints and be ready to shell out atleast 30-40k for a music system with all functions you desire for. And when it comes to the Din size, if you dont want to cut your dash and lose your warranty you still have options out there similar to the one in below link. These are single din sized players with just the screen jutting out. In few models the screen is retractable too to give you single din look when not in use.

Amazon.com: Clarion VZ400 7" In-Dash Single-Din Touchscreen DVD/CD/MP3/USB Receiver with Bluetooth: Car Electronics

Kenwood KVT-526DVD - RoadRadio

Pioneer AVH-X7500BT Road Radio

And if you want to take light on your pocket and have enough will power, you can try some of the below mentioned Chinese products from Alixpress.

Single Din Navigation Promotion-Online Shopping for Promotional Single Din Navigation on Aliexpress.com

- - - Merged Post - - -

Also I will ping you a link soon which I got from facebook which is a single din touch screen unit custom made for punto and Linea like the ones from Caska. dont know about the quality of it though.