1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Replacing Rear Wiper Arms / Blades

Discussion in 'Technical' started by rajesh3rao, Oct 21, 2011.

1. Anyone knows how to replace the rear wiper blades and also arm. Please help as my rear wiper blades is broken by the kids playing gully cricket.
  2. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    rajesh let the ASS do it, wiper arm needs to aligned properly to make wiper blades wipe effectively.

Blades can be changed by you at home.
  3. if both are broken then as Vijay has mentioned, go to the A.S.S. and get it changed.
  4. Both are not broken. but the blade holder is broken and not the arm.
  5. Blade holder and blade is a single entity and cant be changed separately.. it costs around 300/- plus
  6. bak

bak Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Blade on rear wiper can be easily detached from the holder, infact rear wiper has both holder and blade.
  7. eldrid

eldrid Amatore

London, United Kingdom
    London, United Kingdom
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Go to the A.S.S they replaced mine for free under warranty...as one of mine just broke and flew off.
  8. jonspaker

jonspaker

Delhi
    I advice you to go to the A.S.S. and get it changed
  9. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Is the rear wiper arm available from aftermarket brands like Bosch? I broke mine while cleaning the rear glass and the OEM one is poor quality and expensive at 690.
  10. vijai

vijai Novizio

coimbatore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I gave my car for servicing and now they have broken the rear wiper arm. When asked, as expected the answer was it was not broken when delivered. I am in no mood for a fight or escalating to fiat as we all know what would be the response. It has been 3 weeks I got the car from servicing and fiat yet to even call for thier feedback.

My question is

1) Does the rear wiper arm come under extended warranty? I dont see that mentioned in my warranty book still wanted to check with folks here.

2) Has anybody done DIY replace it? it costs around 725/- in 99rpm and FASS quote 950/- for the same (not sure this with or without labour charge). I am thinking of replacing myself buying from online.