1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Replacing complete dashboard unit of punto with new one

Discussion in 'Interiors' started by gazgotta, Nov 22, 2013.

1. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    I doubt that. Maybe the last bits of the plumbing, but may not be the complete ac kit.

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  2. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Very much doable. But the thoughts should come to mind only when you get it on new Punto/ Linea in India. You would need a new wiring harness, connectors will be different. You would also need a new Body computer to handle the additional nodes/ functions.

And yes, you would require huge $$$
    2 people like this.
  3. gazgotta

gazgotta Amatore

Namma Bengaluru
    Namma Bengaluru
    Grande Punto 1.2
    @PatchyBoy I am sorry for slightly disappointing bro! But I have not completely dropped the while Idea though yet, but just a bit undecided/evaluating :confused:.. as many have pointed I am bit skeptical about few things,

- Locating a good RHD new dashboard - from srap markets/used ones may warrant a lot of efforts and case of reliability is concern with such abused units :hit
    - Craftsmanship issues while handling a new unit properly -> post fitment issues on maintenance (Major concern ::O)
    - post fitment - should not cause me a headache in resolving the Craftsmanship issues and dependent aspects
    - compatibility issues with the old unit functions (Major concern ::O)
    - If it may cause some issues with the safety features such as Airbag deployment and related stuffs (Major concern ::O and worried)
    - Of-course lot of $$$:confused1

If the new Linea/Punto launch is honking hard soon ... well then .. I am considering to wait until the new units become available in India with Linea.

I still want to know how the 2014 Punto will look like can any body through some light on it .. will be very helpful..
    I am bit worried as the new 2014 punto pics floating are showing that front bumper may be changed and I am not a fan of it .. I still love the current front of Punto

Thanks all
  4. sidd

sidd Amatore

delhi
    any updates? the new linea is launched and the punto is also around the corner.
  5. Lunafiatic

Lunafiatic Amatore

Pune-Mumbai-Pune
    I believe the new Punto will be revealed by the end of the second quarter & the Avventura by the end of third quarter during festive season (Diwali). At least, that it was it seems like from what I have read. Fingers crossed.
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
  6. abhiiceman

abhiiceman Amatore

Bangalore
    Did the op complete the project..? Even I have the same idea but not able to find Punto evo dashboard in 99rpm to get a rough idea about the cost, and since my model is active I guess it will be a lot cheaper to get it done. If this is out of picture atleast I want to wrap the dash with leather or carbon fiber vinyl but for proper work again the dash needs to be removed.
    Btw found this dash kit website of us which offers different texture dashkits
    http://www.dashkitspecialties.com/E-FTGP06B.html

Anybody have any idea about this?
    If this was available in India I guess almost all the team fiat people with grande Punto or linea would have opted this

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
  7. gazgotta

gazgotta Amatore

Namma Bengaluru
    Namma Bengaluru
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I am sorry I have dropped this Idea. :( due to many issues involved !

Mods this thread can be closed as appropriate please. I have no further updates on this!
  8. drknaresh

drknaresh Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    I that heard from a fellow TFI member @BoseSuman, that the new dash can fixed on pre- facelift punto/lineas as its a direct fit. I haven't ventured into this idea. You can contact him for more details and update us.
  9. abhiiceman

abhiiceman Amatore

Bangalore