1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Replacing complete dashboard unit of punto with new one

Discussion in 'Interiors' started by gazgotta, Nov 22, 2013.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Everything is possible if you have enough money to blow up. :p
    4 people like this.
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Anything is doable, I once hacked/reprogrammed a very old celeron based zida motherboard to accept 160gb hdds when max possible was 32gb limit. This when everyone I knew said was impossible !

Yes, but then there aren't many Punto Evo RHD dashboards on Ebay atleast..

What can I say, buy yourself Himgange oil instead..:-D
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2013
  3. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

I know what you are talking about. ;) But then, exterior mods are different from an interior dashboard change, and costs peanuts in comparison.
  4. ashish.r.shinde@gmail.com

ashish.r.shinde@gmail.com Amatore

Vadodara , Nashik
    Vadodara , Nashik
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Everything modification is possible , Lot of examples can be seen from DC's designs.. Just a matter of Money and passion
    to do all the changes...
    3 people like this.
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    approx 250 to 300 pounds for a used dashboard at UK ebay+customs charges. IDK, maybe if he is lucky he can get things cheaper as well.
  6. Why can't you wait until FIAT launches the refreshed Linea in India?
    1 person likes this.
  7. gazgotta

gazgotta Amatore

Namma Bengaluru
    Namma Bengaluru
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Hi all,

Thanks for all for sharing the views .. , I was tempted by the new dashboard :evilsmile of punto, so thought of this .. but seems a bit complex though :cool:.

when is the face lifted fiat punto getting launched in India ? I repeatedly hear that it will be in 2014 .. but there are no approximate timelines.. beginning/mid/end ?

Also there are lot of different versions of anticipated new 2014 Punto.. floating around ...
    can some members please update on how the 2014 punto will look like.. :geek:
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2013
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    @gazgotta - I am a bit disappointed that you gave up so easily. I believe the face lifted version should be here in the beginning of 2014. If I were to consider this, I will check feasibility, costs, utility, etc. before making a decision on doing or abandoning and not base my decision on feedback from a few people on the forum, but I guess that is just me :D

Rajan
  9. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    One way out will be to look out for it in the scrap market in countries where this model is available. It may be from a crashed vehicle, a insurance write off...etc where nothing would have happened to the dahboard. You can get it real cheap and then try the refit. But it needs effort to locate in the first place and then fixing it is another. Nothing impossible.

Abdul
    1 person likes this.
  10. Aniket

Aniket Superiore

Thane, Mumbai
    Not just dash all inside ac kit behind dash also need to be replaced