1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Replacement of tires for my Tjet plus 2011 model. Need help!!

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Prayag, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Prayag

Prayag Timido

Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Hello,

I am Prayag bandiwadekar and proud owner of the Tjet plus (2011) which I purchased in 2012 in an awesome deal from Fiat. It's been over 3 years and my car has done only 28k kilometers as most of the time it used to sit idle due to my travel. I usually like to do full justice to the Tjet engine and race the car whenever I can on the Mumbai-Pune expressway or on the Pune roads. Recently, over the past month or so, I started experiencing my steering wheel wobbling and Turning to the left, after diagnosis by fiat service center, got to know that tires have worn out and needs to be replaced. Verified the same with a tyre distributor and his diagnosis was the same. Infact, we replaced all 4 tires with another set of tjet tires at the service centre and there was no problem with the steering wheel. Has anyone experienced such issue before ? Also, which tires I should replace he existing goodyears with? It's 205/55 16R Goodyear tire. I need good comfort, longevity and speeding capabilities. Have heard about continental, Pirelli and Michileen. Kindly provide your feedback, suggestions and advice. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Prayag
  2. viveksonkhla

viveksonkhla Amatore

Noida, India
    NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Uneven tyre wear is a common cause for a wobbly steering wheel.. if problem not addressed soon it can lead to camber out issues further increasing tyres wear thus making car unstable at high speeds... 28K KM is not a great run for tyre... I did 48K KM on my Tjet Tyres before I replaced them with Yokohama DB...I ave driven 22K KM on these new tyres they are working fine.. I suggest you get the wheel balancing and alignment done every 7K KM for longevity and performance... Try continental if you get them in Tjet Size.. I did not. ... my experience with Continental tyre has been great with my Palio, so I was hoping ot get the same for Tjet.. but bad luck.
  3. Prayag

Prayag Timido

Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Thanks a lot Vivek....I checked with a car dealer in Pune and he informed me that conti and Michellen may have some offers on Tjet type tyres early Novemeber, so worth waiting for a week.
  4. vtlreja2

vtlreja2 Amatore

rajkot
    mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Well I am also facing uneven tyre wear n tear, clocked 31k kms and the Tyres wear from inner side of Tyres, the wa/wb guy,who himself an automobile engg., suggested me to change the lower arm bushings of my car, and to change Tyres after that only, don't know how right or wrong he is,
  5. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    Continental Max Contact 5
    Michelin Primacy 3st

The above two should be in a similar price range but the Michelin will be more expensive.

Pirelli P7 is currently selling at Rs.32000 for a set of four tyres.

In a little lower price range I think you will get the Apollo, MRF and Bridgestone tyres.

I would choose the P7 as they are comparable to the Continental and Michelin but available about 25% cheaper.

All the above tyres would be available in the Tjet's size of 205/55 r16.
  6. Prayag

Prayag Timido

Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Thank you guys for your comments and suggestions.

Following are the quotes I got from a tyre distributor in Pune,

Continental max contact 5 : INR 7500
    Pirelli P7 : 7200
    Michelin primacy 3st: 8700
    Bridgestone B290: 7200

I am thinking of buying the Conti max contact 5; kindly let me know if that will be a right choice.

Thanks in advance..
  7. Prashant Teki

Prashant Teki Amatore

Delhi NCR
    Delhi NCR
    Linea 1.3
    Conto Max Contact 5 is a good choice but see if you can get Conti Sport Contact 5, it will be good for the Jet to vroom on when you will be pushing the paddle to the metal, when on Mumbai - Pune express highway.

The sport contact 5 is an all rounder and mostly used on the BMWs
  8. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    The difference between the P7 and the MC5 is not much and the Continental is a safer bet so go ahead with the MC5.