1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Replacement of Mag Wheels for Fiat Linea 1.3 Multijet

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by urvish21, May 24, 2017.

1. moksh

moksh Superiore

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3
    @urvish21

Falken Azenis 205/55 R16 -6k per tyre - this is super silent series
    Falken Ziex 215/55 R16 - 8k per tyre - this is sport series

You may get better deals, it also has 5 years warranty.

2. urvish21

urvish21 Novizio

Mumbai
    Linea 1.3
    Thank you @moksh..... will provide feedback on the tyres I choose.....

moksh likes this.
  3. urvish21

urvish21 Novizio

Mumbai
    Linea 1.3
    Post @moksh comment on Falken tyres, I went to their website and called up their dealer nearest to my office. I ended up speaking to an interesting person on phone.

He physically inspected my car and recommended that I change my tyres. My alloy wheels are fine.
    He suggested either 205/55/R16 or better still to upscale to 215/55/R16. His brand choice was Apollo Acelere in the mid range and Continental Conti Max MC5 in the high end range.

He had interesting reasons to recommend upscaling to 215/55/R16
    1. He claimed that it would lead to better fuel economy by 1.5 litres in the city and 2-3 litres on the highway. His reasoning was that the upscale will increase the height of the car by 5-6 mm. The increased height would lead to better heat dissipation from the engine bay. He claimed that the price difference between the 205 and 215 tyres will be compensated in better fuel efficiency in 6 to 8 months.
    2. The increased tyre height will lead to a smoother ride since the small bumps will be absorbed by the tyre.
    3. He clarified that 215 tyre will not hit the side walls in any circumstances. He showed me his old model Maruti Swift Dzire that had 205 tyres (compared to stock 175 tyres).
    4. He is quoting 8250 for the 205 tyre and 11500 for the 215 tyre.

He claimed that the OEM Goodyear tyres are made from 50% rubber (synthetic /natural he did not clarify) and 50% nylon leading to poor life of the tryes. He claimed that hiigh end tyres like Michelin, Bridgestone, Conti etc. use synthetic rubber leading to a longer tyre life. He said synthetic rubber is better on concrete roads of Munbai.

I would want to stick to 205 tyres. Will 215 tyres lead to all the advantages that he mentioned above? Require opnion if 215 tyres will be as much better as claimed?

I am in my last year of extended warranty (till June 2018). In case of any claims (say like suspension etc.), can Fiat reject the claim saying I have oversized tyres?

I read somewhere that 215 tyres require a rim size of 6 to 7.5 inches. What is the rim size of 2013 Linea Multijet Emotion variant? Is it 6.5 inches?

4. moksh

moksh Superiore

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3
    @urvish21 Bullshit dealer lets discuss it.
    1) Stock tyre 205/55 new tyre 215/55 . Tyre height 55mm for both tyres so how come the height is improved.
    2) Stock tyre 205/55 new tyre 215/55 Tyre width increases by 10mm which leads to more traction more grip so its not at all possible that the average/mileage increases. It either remains same which is less change or reduces by roughly 1kmpl.

6.5j is the stock alloy width which holds maximum tyre 215mm.

215/55 R16

Apollo Acelere 6857-9150( you shoudl ask specific because max and sportz are offered)
    Pirelli p7- 10500
    falken 8450( Snapdeal)
    Michelin 13+

It doesnt matter what size you choose or what brand you choose just dont listen to that dealer.Go to Jp Tyres andheri west if its nearby.

Capture.PNG

5. urvish21

urvish21 Novizio

Mumbai
    Linea 1.3
    I managed to replace my tyres with Bridgestone Ecopia series 205/55/R16. I managed to talk to a family friend who is a wholesale dealer in tyres. He recommended Bridgestone any day compared to any other tyres.

The new tyres made a big difference in the way Linea handles itself. Minor road undulations that were apparent in my old tyres are no longer transmitted to the cabin now. The difference is most pronounced while going over the joins on the flyovers in Mumbai. The new tyres just glide over them whereas the old tyres rattled the car a bit. I used to feel/hear minor vibrations in the second gear from the left side of my car. That too disappeared with the new tyres. I also feel my car is now more planted on the roads with the new tyres than the old ones.

I have filled nitrogen in my tyres.

Post the change in my tyres and based on Moksh's updates, I will now do a WA/WB every 5000 kms and try to change my tyres after 25000 kms. You tend to realize the benefits only after seeing the difference between the old and new tyres.

Thanks everyone for helping out and feels good to be part of the Team Fiat community where you can get answers to all your Fiat questions. I will now try to contribute more on this group.

dheep_pk likes this.
  6. moksh

moksh Superiore

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3
    @urvish21 25k kms seriously....? If so you should get kenda and other chinese tyres which are really good until 30k kms and then you can change it. Bridgestone, Falken , Pirelli , Conti, Michelin are not meant to change tyres so often they can easily go 50-60k kms.

Sachin patel likes this.
  7. urvish21

urvish21 Novizio

Mumbai
    Linea 1.3
    @moksh - I quoted a figure of 25K because my Goodyear lasted 40K so I said for better results change tyres at 25K to 30K. So now I will do WA/WB every 5K kms and decide to change depending on the tyre condition.