1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Replacement of Mag Wheels for Fiat Linea 1.3 Multijet

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by urvish21, May 24, 2017.

1. urvish21

urvish21 Novizio

Mumbai
    Linea 1.3
    Hi,

I need help urgently. I have given my car for the 4th year service (60000 km) at RS Motors, Kandivali. My car has done 41000 kms till date.

I just received a call from RS Motors that I will need to replace all 4 "Mag Wheels" along with all 4 tyres. Each Mag wheel will cost me 12000 and each tyre around 5000. SO my total bill would be 48000 (all 4 mag wheels) + 20000 (all 4 tyres) + 7500 (front brake pads and 1 other part for the brakes) + 22000 odd for the service.

I have never had any accidents yet on my car save a rear bumper replacement 2 years ago. Is this a valid demand? I am a bit worried due the steep cost involved. I fine with the brake pad replacement + the service cost.

Urvish
    --- Double Post Merged, May 24, 2017 ---
    I am not an expert but I never saw any problems/ dents etc. on my wheels nor do I notice anything wrong while driving. I have the Emotion variant.

2. limraj

limraj Esperto

Trivandrum / Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Ask them what is the problem with the alloys.
    If they are bent, you can easily repair it at about 1K per wheel, outside FASS.
    But, since you are not experiencing any problems, wondering what would be the problem with alloys.
    For 40K run tyres, it may be good time to change (but then, confirm that tread has no life left). You can mention them that you can change by yourself.
    @urvish21

3. moksh

moksh Superiore

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3
    Take back your car , dont let them do anything. Go to landmark Service center Andheri East

4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    They cannot demand anything, but you can. You can ask for your car be inspected in your presence. When job card was made didn't they notice anything odd with magwheels for example? Why would they randomly suggest mag wheels replacement? Very odd if one thinks that way. Have you had any steering or suspension or ride quality issues mentioned in your complains? If you are suggesting there hasn't been an accident then therein lies you answer. Go there at the first opportunity and fire them if you are more than convinced they are suggesting something unnecessarily. Even if there's some merit to their suggestions and the suggested replacement feels an overkill, do post pics of mags inside outside if possible. Or leave a feedback here.

Best of luck!

Last edited: May 25, 2017
  5. Andy

Andy Esperto

Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    To be honest, take away your car from RS. They are morons who try to kill each fiat owners pocket when they know the car is out of warranty.

To satisfy yourself take the car to a tyre shop and get the wheel inspected for bents. And please take things in writing from RS that they asking for wheel replacement. All 4 wheels can't bend together. This is fishy and don't agree for anything.

I rather suggest you to take the car to a different center since don't trust RS even for 1% after hearing my friends car experience. They ruined his engine during the service and asked him money to fix the issues they created in the car.

Keep us posted of the outcome

Sent using Tapatalk

6. urvish21

urvish21 Novizio

Mumbai
    Linea 1.3
    Thank you all for the feedback. I am going to RS Motors after office and will ask to see the wheels and what problem they see with it. I will keep everyone posted.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 25, 2017 ---
    I have never felt anything out of place while driving. The ride quality as good as it was on day 1. And I never drive at more than 80 kmph even if it is Mumbai Pune Expressway.... I love my Linea too much....

ravin and asimpleson like this.
  7. moksh

moksh Superiore

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3
    @urvish21 Please update the following. Did they give a reason...? Did you pickup your car..? Any other natak they did...?

8. urvish21

urvish21 Novizio

Mumbai
    Linea 1.3
    Hi everyone,

I collected my car today morning. I did not see any visible bends on any of my alloy wheels. When I asked them what is the problem with my alloy wheels, they said that there are no visible bends or anything, but the wheel alignment report (which I guess they get done from some other workshop) mentioned that all my tyres are worn out and the balancing of all my alloy wheels is "out". Please see a screenshot of the sheet on the basis of which they want me to change all the alloys. I do not understand this technical stuff but some one please explain what the report is trying to say. Are the alloy wheels really in such a bad condition?

[​IMG]
    --- Double Post Merged, May 28, 2017 ---
    Can some one help me how to upload photos here? I tried the image icon and gave the path of my local drive... but it did not upload
    Please see pictures below....
    upload_2017-5-28_0-34-14.png
    upload_2017-5-28_0-35-35.png

upload_2017-5-28_0-36-41.png

upload_2017-5-28_0-37-36.png

upload_2017-5-28_0-38-35.png
    Please see photos of all my 4 alloy wheels. Atleast I don't see any bends anywhere. Please comment
    The next 4 pictures show the condition of my tyres. I think they do need replacement but comments are welcome if they will last another 2K to 4K kilometers.
    upload_2017-5-28_0-43-53.png

upload_2017-5-28_0-44-49.png

upload_2017-5-28_0-45-38.png

upload_2017-5-28_0-46-24.png
    The folks at the TASS said that the rubber threads on the tyres have "hardened" and they may not provide the necessary grip on the road.
    Talking about tyres, I got a quote of 7200 per tyre for GoodYear 206/R16 55 and 8700 for Michelin and Bridgestone. All have 3 years warranty on the tyres. What is good about Michelin compared to Goodyear?

I have also sent these pictures to the Alloy Wheels Repair Shop (AWRS) guy in Thane on WhatsApp and awaiting his opinion too.

Last edited: May 28, 2017
  9. moksh

moksh Superiore

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3
    I dont think you should change the tyres , it still looks good. Just ignore what Fass Said.

cassini likes this.
  10. urvish21

urvish21 Novizio

Mumbai
    Linea 1.3
    Hi Moksh,

You mean tyres and the alloy wheels?

Urvish