1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Replacement of Linea Speakers

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by sandeep_p, Apr 1, 2011.

1. eyeguy

eyeguy

Mumbai
    jbl components for tjet plus

hey guys
    i'm planning to install JBL components in the front door and coaxials in the back doors.
    ant suggestions from the audiophiles?

also I'm worried whether there will be any damage to the door dampning while fitting.
  2. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    hi Viny the HU in linea as per booklet is only 30W per channel.I dont know its RMS or PMPO.
  3. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @eyeguy : u can go in for JBL's though a little bright are good, u can also look at MTX

if u can shed sm light on ur budget then suggesting can b a lot easier
  4. eyeguy

eyeguy

Mumbai
    @ phew

Budget is no constraint but the point is sometimes the high end ones need an amp to bring out their true potential or else they are wasted.
    I aint gonna put an amp so considering that any suggestions?
  5. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Pune
    I have put Infinity Ref 6530CS in front and Rockfort R152 in the rear doors....
    They sound pretty fantastic....
    Cost me 8K totally...
  6. eyeguy

eyeguy

Mumbai
    Hey Sid

Where have you put the crossover?
    Any amp or sub woofer?
    Any door dampening?
    Did the tweeter fit in the original place?
    Were the wires spliced to fix to the speakers?
  7. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    If you plan to put any speakers, which give you output more than 40W RMS (stock HU is rated upto 30RMS) then you would need an amplifier to meet that gap in output produced by HU and the max rated RMS of speakers you have installed. Although you can use this speakers without amplifiers but to achieve maximum efficiency of high rated speakers/components you would need an amplifier

As per your query about infinity ref 6530,
    its tweeter can be mounted in original place, tweeter size issue is with infinity kappa and kappa perfect series, which are priced over 17500rs per pair.
    Door dampening is required to avoid those niggles.
    Crossover can be easily mounted on door panels.
    And no cutting of wire would be required, just disconnect the orignal speakers and connect the new ones.
  8. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Pune
    Viny has answered everything already....
    I haven't put in any door damping, amps or sub woofer.... Its all planned for later and me waiting for some Vitamin M to flow in....
    Tweeter fit in nicely in the original spot...
    Crossovers are on door panels...
    No wire cutting...
  9. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The best option tht i feel then is DD and rainbow....either of the two.....both sound miles better than JBL's, mtx and all (below 10k), A set will hit u back by smthing around 8k with bill and warranty....and will fit in stock locations wonderfully.
  10. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    Hi everyone! Even i wanted to change the speakers as the OEM's are just pathetic. Just found out that it'll be of no use if we just add good speakers as the head unit wont be able to supply as much power as required. So we need to add an amplifier which will again cost somewhere around 6-8k.