1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Replacement of Linea Speakers

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by sandeep_p, Apr 1, 2011.

1. sandeep_p

sandeep_p Timido

Mumbai
    Hello Experts,

As stated by almost everyone, the original speakers supplied with the car are really pathetic and hence wanted to change them. I approcahed the dealer (Bharati Automobiles - Mumbai) and he said that you cannot replace the speakers of the car as the original speakers have thin magnet at it base and the new speakers cannot fit in the space provided. To fit the new speakers, you will have to cut the door portion or they may project outside. As the car is pretty new, I don't want to involve in any modification.

Can you please guide about correctness of what the deleaer said? Can any other speaker be fitted in the car without any modification to the car?

Regards

Sandeep
  2. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Pune
    All bullshit..... :shocked take auditions for speakers and fit what you like....
    Approach a good car accessories store in your city...

Almost everyone here have thrown out the factory fitted speakers and fitted new ones as per their likings.....
    BTW tell fiat about the dealer's random mumblings when they collect feedback.
  3. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    Components at the front not exceeding 75watts...normal speakers at the bak not exceeding 75w again...if u plan to change the HU then u will loose Blue n Me...
  4. sandeep_p

sandeep_p Timido

Mumbai
    Thanks gentlemen for your replies. I am not planning to change the HU. Just will change the speakers with better ones - may be infiniti Cappa series or JBL. Which oen is better? Also is it really necessary to fit the amplifier?

Regards

Sandeep patil
  5. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Why not above 75watts :confused

Its Infinity Kappa, again it has two variants Infinity Kappa and Infinity Kappa Perfect, getting the tweeters of Kappa installed in the default space would be a challenge, as they are biggest among 6.5" components. Not to say they would cost 3-4 times the regular in market component speakers :)
    And I dont think you will be able to get demo of Kappa / Kappa perfect series.

As far as installation goes, you have to use spacer rings to get speakers installed, this will provide ample space for most of the components to get installed in the default location.
  6. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Go for these speakers

Front: Hertz DSK 165 Comp
    Rear: Hertz ECX 165 Co-ax

I've heard these on a fellow TFI'ans Linea and was taken aback. It does enough justice for the existing stock music system.
  7. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    @viny

not exceeding 75w cuz the stock HU doesnt take more than 100w...it will blow up later..output not supported..test was done by Aniket and his stock speakers went for a toss...so adviced not more than 75w...
  8. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    the hu cannot power good speakers with high rms value. gets the lowest rms rating speakers or get an amplifier and get better speakers.
  9. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Dear friend,
    Stock HU at max produces 40W at 4ohms, so if you use 100w speakers too there would be no problem, only thing is they would be highly underpowered and would not be delivering the best, but if you would go for 100w at 2ohms for for that matter 75w at 2ohms rating for all the 4 speakers, then there are chances of pulling extra power by HU, in that case it will blow of the 10 Amp fuse available just under the steering. HU blowing off due to excessive heating could be due to faulty speakers or wires.

I have seen people using 90W RMS speakers with peak out at 275+ @ 2ohms with sensivity of 92 to 95% on stock HU without blowing the headunit.
    Though an amplifier is must for getting some good music out of this kind of setup.

And stock speakers are around 20W-30W only.
  10. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    @viny

thanks for correcting..im not into iceing dat much..noob in this matter..i wanted to upgrade so called aniket and he told me...mabbe its vice versa..stock speakers are alfa lancia italian made 20watts :hit