1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Replacement of Engine in Palio Stile--- 1.1 Petrol with 1.3 MJD

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by S A SHAH, Jul 23, 2014.

1. S A SHAH

S A SHAH Regolare

Srinagar
    Linea T-Jet
    Thanks , you've made an important point, residual-stress and minute damages that would show off at later stage.

How can it be ascertained that engine is free of these impacts?

S A SHAH
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Setting up a test bed/rig and running the engine for hours together or X-ray for micro cracks and fissures etc. (latter only possible at companies mainly during production stages.) Prior option can also be a bit of pain to setup. Opening the engine is not recommended and will serve only half the purpose in theory and practically.
    2 people like this.
  3. GP_Freak

GP_Freak Amatore

Chennai/Madurai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    This can be tested through NDT, but where will a common man get it done. So the Harsh truth is No, We cannot( Without a handsome budget ) When I used to be in the team which rebuilded TATA and Leyland heavy Diesel engines used in City and State Transport busses, the rebuilt engine will be Hooked up to a static setup and run continuously for a minimum period of 12- 24 hours. At a minimum, the same could be tried for the engine you are talking about. Before you start this build, you need to be sure about the workability of the engine at hand. If you find Issues with Engine after you start the Build, its gonna screw up all our happiness.

1 Engine was rebuild every day by a team of (minimum)4 from dismantling from the chassis to rebuilding and hooking up to the test bed. No chain pulleys or fancy tool. All old school method and it a required a minimum of 4 for moving the engine block alone. Back breaking stuffs those days.
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2014
  4. S A SHAH

S A SHAH Regolare

Srinagar
    Linea T-Jet
    Thanks EveryBody for responding to my queries and requests.
    The discussion is now closed, because I've decided now to switch over to a SUV to cater to my needs and enthusiastic driving pleasure.Hopefully,the hunt will start in near future.
    Regards, all of you at TFI.

Dr S A SHAH