1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Replacement of Driver Seat for 90hp Punto with Linea Emotion seat

Discussion in 'Interiors' started by Controlled Madness, Jul 25, 2012.

1. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    you are right ramesh! moreover, punto seats, both front and back do not have under thigh support where as Linea seats have it.
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2013
  2. Dear All,

I found a solution to this problem.
    It does not completely solve the issue, but definitely helps a lot.

I removed my driver's side seat and inserted 1 inch bush(es) below the seat.
    This is to be done where the seat is fixed with the car body. This helps gain height of 1 inch, and directly improves the posture.

U will have to get it done from a reputed garage, so that there are no errors.
  3. whitepunto76

whitepunto76 Regolare

Bangalore
    Invoking old thread.
    I wonder how would we raise the seat to 1inch as the driver seat has a slider which cannot be raised up.

Also, few specific questions. on using Pivot Heel position for Brake/Accelarator pedals or the whole leg is lifted for using brake pedal.

Normally, to operate the A pedal we use ankle as pivot heel position and to operate B pedal we use whole leg or ball of the foot.
    Clutch is anyway using the whole leg as we do not want to ride the clutch.

The problem in punto pedals are due to height in these ABC pedals which is not suiting the Pivot Heel position for B & A pedal operations. Any views please would be helpful.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 25, 2015 ---
    Also, due to long clutch travel in puntos it seems like tiring to use Heel position enough in city.
    However, in long drives I think Pivot Heel is best and relaxing.

Views needed for both city and highway positions.
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    I feel the one most imp thing about seats in Punto 75 or 90HP is the lack of the under thigh support. The seats are not those bucket types which engulf you. I sometimes even feel the driver seat in my Punto is slightly misaligned with my legs pointing more towards the door rather than the well.

I am waiting for the the Abarth 500 seats if they fit in the Punto.;););)
    Turbothinghy likes this.
  5. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Even I felt that my legs points towards the door as you said..but now have got used to it. Punto ergonomics are screwed up...period!! I just feel happy that my Punto has seat height adjuster, which makes me raise the height and get a decent position.
    whitepunto76 likes this.
  6. whitepunto76

whitepunto76 Regolare

Bangalore
    Yes. I agree the seat direction is pointing towards the door at an angle. Does increasing the seat height about an inch makes sense?
    I tried increasing using pillow to about 1.5 inches. Using this last 7-8 months. It helped because the C pedal is highest, B pedal is just less height than C Pedal, A pedal is the lowest height. Compared to other models like Swift/Vista, the Punto ABC pedals are more upright and angle pointing more than 45 deg. Hence, when used Pivot Heel position is becoming little painful.

My point was more towards using Ankle muscles or using Hip/Quadraceps mucles more in city/highway drives.
    Using the ankle muscles helps not to stretch thigh joint too much.
    Wanted to know how other Punto owners are coping with this short coming.
  7. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Maybe you can place a slab on the driver seat, and hide it under the seat cover. That should help. A lot of Punto owners have done that.
  8. Maddy79

Maddy79 Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    A good Seat repair guy can fix it by placing a high density foam/sponge right at the under thigh gap.He has to cut it to exact shape and stick it to the existing foam and dress it back with OE seat cover.
    Its a major drawback on highway drives, but slowly got used to it.
    I Inserted 2 thick metal washers under each fasteners (Front), there was a little increase in height.
  9. whitepunto76

whitepunto76 Regolare

Bangalore
    what kind of slab? need some reference. Or any pic. And how much height/width can it have.
  10. KKAUL

KKAUL Amatore

delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The Slab he is referring is the same that we use in sofa seats maybe a HD foam or a moulded PU 24" 24" 4" seat.
    If yu are really in a mood to upgrade your seat and can spend then there is a company who makes a sofa with the name Stanley in Bangalore he used to do car seats full upgrade. I am forgetting his name maybe he can help.
    The Technology they are using is excellent and will give you a life more than that of your car.
    Turbothinghy likes this.