1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Replacement of Driver Seat for 90hp Punto with Linea Emotion seat

Discussion in 'Interiors' started by Controlled Madness, Jul 25, 2012.

1. Dear All,

I own a Punto 90Hp and i am highly dissatisfied with the driving posture that the driver seat allows. I have tried options like using pillows (attempted to be placed at various heights on the seat) but am unable to make myself completely comfortable while driving.

I am a little over 5.7, so that does not directly classify me into the 'small' frame category as well.

I also drive a H City regularly and find the driving posture allow extremely comfortable for long/short drives.

I wanted to know if I can replace the front seats of my car (atleast the drivers seat) with any other car. In my opinion, the seat of the Linea emotion (alongwith the left elbow handrest) should be a direct fit after removal.
    Just wanted your thoughts on this process/option. Has anybody attempted to do anything with their stock seats that make them comfortable? or has anyone replaced seats with those of Linea's??

Anybody having a cost estimate for this??

Thanks in advance.
  2. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    I dont think it the seat , its ABC setup , for 5'7 and aboove all will be complaining this , if FIAT gives new setup for the ABC , like the suspension setup , i will be the first to replace it in my car :)

I do accept the punto seat is little not good compared to linea but not too bad.
  3. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    NIce thread.

I feel this is how our punto driver ,me being 6fts gives me the bad posture giving me pain sometimes and if you are playing with the clutch and accelerator all the time while in b2b traffic then slowly spine problem starts.

bad-seating-positions-cause-whiplash.jpg

to get the good posture,there is no other way out rather changing the seats.

Tall Tfians please share your comments on seating posture ?
    2 people like this.
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I had the same issue in the Punto. What I did is, I used a small pillow which I completely integrated with the driver seat which doing the seat covers. I always place the seat the lowest position as well. This may help you too. Try this out.

I am not facing any such issues in Linea though.

We can checkout whether the seats can be completely customized to make us comfortable.
  5. Vishy

Vishy

Bangalore
    Seat change

Hi Guys,

I am 5,11, I got a new car since i had back pain,:mad: unfortunately its Punto, I juts love the car apart for the Front 2 seats, I cant drive my more than an hour, with the current driver seat, any idea what can we do, I saw there is discussion on the same topic, hoping if some has got the solution for this, if yes please do share. this is gonna be very usefull

Cheers
    Vishy
  6. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    I believe the seats are same in linea and punto.
    I would suggest dont push the seat too far back and make sure your lower back touches the seat when you drive. when i started driving punto, my right shoulder used to pain for a few days but after that i have never felt any kind of discomfort. few times i have driven for 15-16 hrs in a day without any problems
  7. Well I love the the front seats compared to the rear ones(yes it could have been better, nonethless it is the best in class).
    I am 6ft and I drove for more than 16hrs many a times.
    Just in my last trip I drove non stop from bhubaneshwar to bangalore(1600 kms approx),reached in the morning and in the afternoon shifted my home(moving into another house).
    So I think buddy try to adjust your driving position till you find the sweet spot, or just put a small cushion to support your lower back.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    It is not. Seats are bigger and more comfy in Linea.

Sent from my Micromax A116 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  9. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    I am 5'10 and I don't find the seats to be uncomfortable anymore. I used to find them tiring on long drives earlier.
    Then I adjusted my posture to sit up as straight as possible and Viola!

I wouldn't worry about getting a Linea seat into a Punto. What makes you think that is any better?
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  10. bharathj85

bharathj85 Regolare

Chennai
    Anybody have idea about the cost of front driver seat in Linea?

As i am not satisfied with my Punto Active driver seat as it doesnt support height adjust.