1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Replacement for Punto 1.2

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by santhukp, Oct 18, 2017.

1. santhukp

santhukp Amatore

I am started looking for replacing my 6 year old punto 1.2 Emotion.It is started giving me all kinds of trouble these days.

Power window failures,head light failures( which cost more than 20 K),mechanical failure (culprit is the bangalore roads),maintenance cost touching more than 18 K/year(in last 2 years),low fuel economy.low ground clearance and inadequate AC cooling in summers and low pick up.

I dont want to go again for another punto varraint. i dont see any difference in look and feature wise .suggest me something different .

2. nrags

nrags Timido

bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Hi

I am using 2010 punto active version. Before you think of purchasing the other car, think of remapping your car. I have already posted the remapped version of my car in one of the links First Naturally Aspirated GP 1.2 Remapping by Wolfmoto. you could also try for free flow exhaust for improvement in pickup. there will be around 15-20% improvement in mid and top end torque.

After remapping Iam getting average of 17kmpl on highways and around 14 in city. Pickup also improved a lot. No need to downshift to 2 gear if ur car slows down. see the link for more info. regarding mechanical failures don't go to FASS. search for some local reputed guy who does the work.

It would save you a lot of bucks.

santhukp likes this.
  3. santhukp

santhukp Amatore

Hi nags,
    Changing the stock engine performance.. I am scared to do that and don't want to spend any more on this car.

Tried fixing the power window with local mechanics but they are also quoting same price.

4. Nazgul

Nazgul Novizio

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Have you asked yourself the question- What do I need?

Your post is a bit vague, Budget/New or Used/ Hatch or hatch like sedan/ Petrol or Diesel are some parameters you need to decide upon to begin with..

Replacement due to a few mechanical and electrical issues is not a real solution, you may end up spending more buying a new car in order to avoid the maintenance with your current car, however buying a used car could end up with a different experience altogether.

5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    The newer punto won't have performance issues, ground clearance issues and other issues you are facing on an old Punto. It is not the same Punto from six years ago. Lot of seen, unseen improvements have gone in. Diesel car for fuel efficiency then is you best option. Perhaps if you don't want to spend too much keep looking for evo punto or some Punto Diesel post 2013 model in good condition.

Having said that if you are not comfortable with Punto then we have Punto, Avvy, or Abarth Punto to suggest. But you may not like them too if you don't see the new Punto as a step up.

Try looking for Tata Tigor or Ford Figo then.

6. santhukp

santhukp Amatore

Fiat's future in india is questionable so current punto not considering ..but yes i am interested in if Renegade comes with <10 L package.:).

Looking for a vehicle which is having a good ground clearance,good pick up and handling and should carry and move 5 people easily.

7. Rama

Rama Amatore

Delhi
    Punto Evo 1.3

8. santhukp

santhukp Amatore

Last week I had a problem with my car. Some noice coming under the front wheel.the service was done just 1month back and I decided this time I won't give the car to Fiat service. So given to a local shop in Begur bangalore.they deals with all types of high end cars like BMW, audi, Benz and even I saw a old Bently. The owner of the service centre took the test drive immediately and told me that the your car drives like diesel car.. No pick up and told clutch needs to be changed and front shock absorber is having issue.they will check and let me know.I have told them that the pick up is like this from the day I purchased this car. After inspection They found the front shock absorber needs to be replaced and clutch needs to be replaced immediately. But shocking was that there was a huge rusting in the engine bay left side.they have quoted a bomb but promised me that there will be improvement in pick up.

They delivered the car after 5 days and believe me now the clutch feel soo smoother and gear shift become butter smooth and pick up has improved a lot and even when the AC is on...

What I wanted to tell you is that the authorized service centre guys were cheating me from last 5year. They didn't do any service and always blamed on the car to have the low power pick up and hard clutch.

Definitly will use my car for another 3years. No plans to replace my beauty now...

kedarbendre and Sujit508 like this.
  9. Rama

Rama Amatore

Delhi
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Thats good, Still can you mention the repair work done by them and cost?

10. santhukp

santhukp Amatore

Clutch set 4900, clutch release bearing1900, lower arm 3800 2nod, shock absorber 34502 nos, steel ilizer link road950, Gear oil 350

IMG-20171021-WA0038.jpg

IMG-20171018-WA0046.jpg

IMG-20171018-WA0051.jpg