1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Repainted Stock Linea Alloys-Haute or Not?

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Akshay4384, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Since day one,i was not happy with the way the OEM alloys looked.
    And especially for a Minimal Grey Linea,they looked pretty bland,owing to lack of good options and steering vibration issue,i kept on chugging along on stock alloys,till i got them repainted in this combo,i wanted a slightly lighter shade of grey,but somehow painter slightly messed it up,and turned it into dark grey,which looks almost black.Car was pretty dirty due to rains,will post more pics in a day or two.
    So here they are,i am getting mixed reactions,some say haute,some say not,what are your views fiatians?.
    Plus,i wont mind getting them repainted,so pour in your suggestions.
    543590_277238319043303_786117232_n.jpg DSCN2184.jpg
    5 people like this.
  2. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I didnt like it when u posted the pic of the alloy alone somewhere.. but it looks great on the car looking from a distance !!
    1 person likes this.
  3. Loki

Neat man!! How much did it cost? Did you consider powder-coating instead of painting?

I'm wondering how it might look if we do the reverse of your case ie; Make the black spokes look silver and the silver spokes look black.
    2 people like this.
  4. gr8 job done..
    like ur innovation
    1 person likes this.
  5. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Cost me just 2K,at the regular Du pont paintshop.
    I should have thought of powder coating them earlier,especially when i have a friend,who runs a powder coating unit.
    Your suggestion is also possible,may be if someone can do a Photoshop to see how it looks.
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  6. Loki

Tried a few options (In MS Paint itself :D)
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Honestly, I feel that this mod doesn't suit well for the Linea. I feel like it is losing the elegance. The stock alloys looked good.
    It is purely my opinion though :).
    3 people like this.
  8. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    I also think the same as Ramesh,

Akhsay, Please paint it in full black or full white, It will be really good.
  9. asif

:(..stock one was better...
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2012
  10. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Here are two more shots.