1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Renault - Nissan k9k Engine to compete MJD's

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by zenwalker, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

I hope you understand that the M5 can still seat 4-5 in comfort,almost like your regular 5 series,and still keep up with the one off unsuspecting supercar.
    Are you aware of the concept called Sleeper?.
    M5 is the perfect sleeper out there.
    And there is a difference in 85000 and 160000 Euros,almost like double-ehh
    Last edited: May 24, 2013
  2. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

No it can't keep up with a supercar. Google the track times & you will come to know what a supercar & saloon turns out.
    Generally, A supercar with lot lesser power will easily beat any saloon hands down on a ckt.

For 4-5 people sitting inside an M5, that's exactly where i am questioning M5 existence. Why not call it 5 or 7 series sport:confused:?
    It is still a four door car which is expensive like other executive saloons with same performance.

Ferrari is a dream come true, those screaming engines enough to scare the kids next block, filled with histroy & passion. Never compare it with anything. For me, if i have the money & If anything comes at 1/3rd of the price of a Ferrari, i will rush to buy a Ferrari. That is another thing that i should be in the list of Ferrari's preferred buyers made out of a lucky draw.

- - - Merged Post - - -

I think, i made you understand my point finally. M5 is not an executive saloon because of that "M badging". Being a performance car, it is not faster than other executive saloons on circuits or flat out. To each his own, i feel that BMW should show guts to make a true performance car than such efforts.
  3. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    One hidden truth. People have secret desire to owe fiat car.
    But they avoid. Side effects of Fiat cars.

Poor ASS , less no. of ASS station, spare parts scarcity & at last low resale value.

To purchase Fiat cars is like visiting in Red Light Area.
    1 person likes this.
  4. Bhai,
    Zen already brought rhe car.
  5. puntofreak

puntofreak Novizio

Odisha
    Bhubaneswar
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Do not know about technical superiority, but after driving a Nissan Micra diesel I feel my Punto diesel (75hp) engine is nothing infront of it. During a holiday tour last week, I drove one of my friend's Micra diesel for around 200 kms in different road conditions and it was like driving a petrol. It has absolutely zero turbo lag and drivability in city as well as highway was excellent.

It would say Renault diesel engine is more refined, rpm friendly, powerful. Fiat MJD is relatively more powerful on papers only. From my last 3 years of experience (owning a punto) I am quite disappointed to have such a dull engine (Fiat MJD). Not saying against Fiat cars as I have got two and love them but the diesel engine, sorry.....I donot know why is it so popular in India :banghead:
  6. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Micra has almost zero-turbo lag, thanks to larger CC, which makes it easier to drive in the city. The mid range is more powerful in the MJD and on the highway the MJD can easily outrun the 63 BHP Micra. The awesome chasis also needs to be given a lot of credit which makes it more fun on the highways.
    prabhjot likes this.
  7. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Yes the mjd revvs longer and higher (WITH torque), it is also more refined and with MUCH better CO2 emissions (i.e., fuel efficiency, all else, like weight of the car etc, being equal.) The larger turbo etc version of the Renault diesel (in the Fluence and some Dusters) does, predictably, have notable turbolag.

It IS not possible to have all of the following (a) higher bhp (b) strong mid range and wide power band in the midrange (c) decent FE and (d) little to no turbolag (e) lower, affordable cost

in a small capacity engine. It is in the nature of turbocharging that there are zero-sum choices or trade-offs different firms make.

imo the mjd represents the best such tradeoff in the Indian marketplace for small affordable diesels: in the newest tunes, it is decent lowerdown, and remains much better than all others in-gear/in-the-mid-range, while being decent at emissions, and very good at mod-ability, durability, reliability.

I'd imagine more-than-one current, other-than-mjd, small diesel engine to REALLY struggle to clear the new emisisons norms (BS6) that will be enforced (will they? on time?) in India by around 2020.

I don't know whether the Renault diesel will be ok, in current state, or whether Renault-Nissan will invest enough in upgrading this engine for the new fuel and emissions norms. I suspect they will, but also that THAT investment will be quite large (in India) since the engine is generally reputed to be very badly non-compliant in the euro5 and euro6 time-periods (in Europe, on Dacia-s and Renault-s.)
  8. bibin

bibin Regolare

kochi
    i believe that is why mjd developed by fiat is considered a gem and other manufactures are seeking it because developing a worthy competitor to mjd is a very expensive affair.
    prabhjot likes this.