1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Renault - Nissan k9k Engine to compete MJD's

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by zenwalker, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Gurjinder,

I have experienced what you said about low-Mid and high balance in my car, when i got them remapped. right now i have mid and high end performance rather than low end as i was getting less FE in B2B traffic.

Regarding this the balance even VW TSI is having turbo for mid/high and super charger to cater power/torque need at lower end.
    Last edited: May 22, 2013
  2. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

No criticism meant but i have always struggled to understand the point of BMW M series, be it petrol or diesel. M5 costs as much as whopping 85000 Euros! One can have a Ferrari 458 with 160000 Euros & excess amount paid will settle for the performance edge you get with 458 Italia.

Infact, 458 Italia looks a terrfic value for money here, Despite of BEING A FERRARI:evilsmile.

You don't have performance, a porche turbo or Audi R8 for same cost will ruin M5s day & night anyday. It's not value for money, yep there are 3 trubochargers but that's not ground breaking by any means. Buggati uses 4 & Supercharger too. Ferrari is completely naturally aspirated but still have more specific output. Add one more & you will get more power & torque, simple. what is the USP, if you don't mind? 3 turbochargers in a diesel, i guess. Still it is 4.7 secs but costs as much as a supercar. One doesn't save gasoline price over diesel after spending 85000 Euros.
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Reading your post reminded me of Marie Antoinette, the French Queen.

When somene told her that poor people could not buy bread, she simply replied by saying that no problem - the poor should buy cake instead !!

Similarly, according to you whoever can spend 85,000 Euros can spend 160,000 too. And the only.consideration while buying a car is performance. No other considerations.

The logic, or the lack of it , in your post is quite funny indeed. Comparing M5 to Audi R8, Porsche 911T and 458. What you have failed to grasp is that you are comparing a sports sedan with hardcore sports cars. You have completely failed to grasp the USP of the M5 - Performance with practicality. 560+hp ( dynos show 600) ,4 doors, huge boot, comfortable for 4 passengers.

But ENKI wouldn't be ENKI if he saw logic in things. That's why you provide a lot of light hearted relief on TFI.

Cheers.
    5 people like this.
  4. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Since we are in engine section, I completely agree with Best diesel as BMW tri-turbo, no doubt about it. I was looking forward for Maserati diesel but it seems they have taken safe approach for their mini Quattroporte this time. They would be launching a single turbo diesel only. For now BMW diesel is undisputed king.

But does that validate the existence of an M-series? They could put this engine in 7 Series or even RR ghost & that would look hell more logical to me.
    I always failed to understand reason of fitting millions of more turbos in their upcoming M-series. Why to work so hard on engines when point of the car is still not clear, read below stuff. That's plainly my view. Honestly, I thought no person better than you to give me a single reason for existence of an M-series.

Humm... Sports saloon at this price. Are there any?
    Porsche Panamera, Maserati Quattroporte, Bentley etc etc. Better performance & elegancy with hell lot more practicality & class!!
    2014 Maserati S-Q4 is fastest four door saloon ever made (At least on paper crossing 300 Kms/hr on stock specifications:-D). They promote themselves executive saloons only but easily faster than anything with four doors.

Should i disclose a lot more cheaper four door sports saloons which are way way faster & sportier than M-series both on track & daily life practical, WITH AUTHORITY? I don't like Japanese stuff so let's not go there.

My only point is, if i would be in the market, i would never spend a 85000 Euros for a BMW, be it M/Z/10 doors & miss a "Ferrari" or even above mentioned sexiest ever 4 door saloons (will you??). It is just too expensive to whatever it offers.

Anyways passion doesn't see logic. I was going for a logic here to see your approach, then so be it (passionate:)!). I always support that. Anyways, point for German cars was never passion, it's logic. The passion is found when you head towards eastern Europe (from Germany).
    Last edited: May 24, 2013
    2 people like this.
  5. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    As far as i have observed w.r.t Cars, Italians have huge passion in making them look more n more sexy. viz. Ferrari, Lambo, Pagani, Maserati, etc.
  6. ^^ But they are still not able to make you buy one of them.
  7. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    @Sat,
    They did their effort. The other hand has to join (most likely soon) to make it a good clap :)
  8. gurjinder

Punjab
    ENKI,

Again you have listed cars which are more expensive than the M5 as alternatives. So, your reasoning again falls flat. Maserati S-Q4 fastest? A V6 404hp being faster than the stock 560hp TT-V8 M5? Nice.

Pricewise , S-Q4 competes with a fully loaded M5 with the optional competition pack ( 575hp) - whose Top speed is limited to 305kmph. Remove the speed governor and the M5 will cross 320kmph ( 200mph) .Maserati claim 284kmph top for the S-Q4.

Like i said you bring good comic relief to TFI. Do continue to do so.

Cheers.
    2 people like this.
  9. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Lol, you googled it but was in a bit of hurry. Maserati S-Q4 comes with 3.8 ltr twin turbo as well.

[TABLE="class: wikitable"]

3.8 V8 - GTS

3,798 cc

, 523 bhp (390 kW; 530 PS)

, 479 lb·ft (649 N·m) (524 lb·ft (710 N·m) overboost)

, RWD

307 km/h (191 mph)

, 4.7

278g/km

[/TABLE]

No need to remove speed governor, it will cross 300 km/hr.
    Maserati S q4 GT still to be launched!! It's base price is 1,08,000 dollars (convert that to Euros).

One buys a ultra fast M5 but a sexier looking executive saloon takes over it leaving the driver baffled. I think BMW should show the guts to make genuinely fast cars like Audi/Porche did to take on Italians. They don't seem to be confident enough & that's why excuses like fast four door saloon etc. One doesn't drive to get insane speeds on a circuit yet have his boss & wife on rear seats. That's just an excuse!! A performance car should be driver focussed not passenger. I like 5 series way better product than an M5.

Also FYI, 300 Km/hr just doesn't require removing speed governor. It would require Aerodynamics, suspension, tires to do that, it will add to the price too. Going more than manufactured specified means you are going out of your clothes. Tires at 300 km/hr lasts 1/50 th time than they they do at 80 km/hr. Bugatti 20000 Euros tires lasts only 37 miles long at 248 Miles/Hour. Pls don't bring things like speed governance here, that is just a comfortable way to suicide.
    Last edited: May 24, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  10. gurjinder

Punjab
    Again, the joke is on you my friend. First you said Quattroporte S-Q4 is the fastest and since that turned out to be a false assumption, you now show me the figures of the Quattroporte GTS.

But , whatever makes you happy.

Cheers.