1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Renault - Nissan k9k Engine to compete MJD's

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by zenwalker, Mar 2, 2013.

1. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Dear Guys,

Just read @ TeamBHP that the top brass of RNA are planning to be a bigger rival to our beloved MJD engines in india. Couple of folks @ TeamBHP are in favor of K9k Engine. Even googled and saw MotorBeam forum thread and there few favor k9k.

We TFIians have driven our MJD for along time so we feel it & we love it too. Why not now just sit back and see what k9k has to offer?

So i would like to ask all of you, what is your personal take on k9k engine from Nissan and Renault cars if you have driven it. Does it really match up with our MJD? Yes i agree that still MJD in india is 1.3L and k9k is 1.5L. So may be performance wise they both vary but apart from that?

Please Pour in your ideas/opinions guys!

Thanks,
    Zen :)

Note: Mods, Apologies if this thread is in wrong section. Feel free to move.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    You can probably buy one and give us your feedback about K9K.

BTW, healthy competition is always good. But also get to know that Engine alone does not make a complete car. If so, most of the Fiatians would have bought Marutis instead of Fiat. :)
    6 people like this.
  3. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    I have only test drove K9K in Duster. I liked their power. I tested both 85hp and 110hp. They have high fuel economy too.
  4. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    @Ramjn,
    Yes agreed on healthy compition. But we also need to think about making ourself higher than the compititor. If as per others K9k is suprior then MJD, then Maruti, Tata could go for them than MJDs. So FIAT should do some thing about it before its too late.

But my concern wasnt that, i was more into comparing them and how they differ and all that.
  5. ajuvignesh

ajuvignesh Amatore

Chennai, Kanyakumari, Trivandrum.
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    IMO K9K may be superior to MJDs but not to MJD II.
    I will be very happy if things happens as per your statement as Fiat can wind up mjd engine deals with maruti, tata and they can bring in much more superior engines like 1.6 mjds, 1.3 mjd II, multiair engines etc to India without any hesitation. Punto with Mjd II and Linea with mjd 1.6 will stand out from the crowd any day both in terms of performance and FE.
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2013
    2 people like this.
  6. Mr.Boss

Mr.Boss Amatore

Both MJD and K9K are Fuel Efficient and bit noisy, but k9k scores a step ahead in terms of performance, especially the FTD (Fun To Drive) factor. I own a Linea MJD and driven Micra, Sunny & Duster k9k and pretty much impressed with their performance.
  7. mayank

mayank Amatore

Just don't worry. Although i am going a bit optimistic here but i am pretty sure that before any serious competition arises for the MJD's generation in the automotive world. Fiat will further advance and will invent MJD III
  8. ajuvignesh

ajuvignesh Amatore

Chennai, Kanyakumari, Trivandrum.
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I think its because of very very less turbo lag.
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    MJD is technologically more advance than K9K
    Competition is always good, but its long-long catch-up for Nissan to do.
    1 person likes this.
  10. bharathj85

bharathj85 Regolare

Chennai
    K9K is a bigger spec engine but uses a crdi where as the mjd uses the same crdi with multi injectors which is far advanced than the k9k and provides the same power and performance with a smaller capacity.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Another scoop is that the upcoming Mercedes Benz A class is going to use the same k9k 1.5dci motor. Badged as A 180 CDI BlueEFFICIENCY.