1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Renault Fluence launched in India at Rs 12.99 lakh !!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Dilip_dmk, May 25, 2011.

1. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Renault India launched its first independent model Fluence in India, priced at 12.99 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi) for the diesel variant and 14.40 lakh for the fully-loaded petrol version.

Renault’s petrol engine will develop 137bhp while the diesel will produce 105bhp of maximum power. The diesel powered Fluence will have a claimed efficiency figure of 21.84kmpl. The suspension will be well tuned for comfort and the ride is expected to be outstanding. Equipment levels will be on par with the competition and the fully loaded Fluence will sport features like Keyless Start, Bluetooth Connectivity, dual zone climate control, ESP and four airbags among others.

"We are making a new beginning in India. Logan has given us a good learning about the Indian market and customers," Renault India MD Marc Nassif said. We know what the customer want and have worked hard to customise the new Fluence sedan for the local market," he added.

For more details visit : http://www.renault.co.in/

Last edited: May 25, 2011
  2. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

This car should have come with the diesel engine options like the VERNA
    Last edited: May 25, 2011
  3. I heard that Diesel engine is same one which is doing it's duty on Nissan Mirca and Logan,why would a car costing 14+ lacks OTR would give such an old 2 valve engine?

I may be wrong , please correct me if i am.

it's appalling to see these manufacturer's underestimating India buyers/,hardly few auto majors are offering world class engines here in India.

4. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Grande Punto 1.4
    How many buyers will look at the engine options? Most are carried away by the mileage, brand(trust?), and pricing. Only car enthusiasts look at the engine options, power, torque etc. Renault already has a certain amount of respect among Indian buyers, thanks to Logan. Perhaps the one negative that Loagn had was the boxy design. It appears that they have overcome that in the Fluence, though in a different segment.
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Yes it is the same Renault K9K engine.

But the only thing shared between the 1.5dci of the Micra and the Fluence seems to be the engine block. Thats about it.

The Fluence has the DOHC head ; which most probably means 16 valves. Since 8V DOHC heads make no sense. Lets reserve our opinions on the engine till anyone of us experiences it.

But all said and done , would i plonk 13+ Lakhs on the Fluence? No.
    I'd rather have the Corolla D4D ( yes the one with the puny engine) or the Laura . Scary stories about its A.S.S. aside, the Laura is a genuinely good car.

6. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Renault Fluence would be launched today ....

The Fluence sedan will be imported to the Indian market as a completely knocked-down unit (CKD).

Initially, the Fluence model will be available at only 12 dealerships of the company in the Indian market.
    They are planing to have 100 dealership networks by 2012.
  7. hillram

Indeed the much needed assault from Renault is here through Fluence.The company website claims many merits and out of world experiance.
    Lets see what IN-Fluence will this make on Indian roads.
  8. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Did they get the pricing wrong??? I can have a Cruze or a Laura in this cost? Why go for Fluence? Didn't find anything substantial in the specs other then great interiors...
  9. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Took the test drive of this vehicle yesterday in bangalore. I must say it is really good. Don't go by what people say, go check it out personally. The engine has minimum lag, and the turbo whine is just awesome!!
  10. i dont know much about the engine. but as afar i know the turbo has just got bigger..
    and with pete's it would be bomb.servicing would be not expensive compared to cruze or laura for sure. most of the drive train is tried and tested here and they are trying to get better localisation within the next 6 months.
    now would you buy cruze if you would have known that its clutch assembly costs 57000 inclusive of taxes clutch plate, pressure plate and seals. and of this car might cost you a third of it.
    my own experience with my uncle's laura:
    power steering light came on the dash. power steering stopped working..went to the showroom and they quoted that the whole steering column had to be changed. ther is only 1 dealer in hyderabad. called up some one who is highly placed in Mahavir Auto(Skoda dealer in hyderabad)
    the cause was a wire was bitten by a rat and its connnection failed. 200rs and the steering became normal. this both incidents happened in a span of 10 mins.both changing the steering colum and sir please wait this job will be over in 5 mins
    Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2011