1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Renault Duster

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by ramjn, Jun 26, 2012.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    14L+ OTR for this car is a Joke from Renault. They have literally decided to rip-off the Indians. But, they are doing very clever marketing I would say. From this morning I have been arguing with 3 colleagues at my office on the pricing. They came to me telling that it was a killer pricing from Renault. I asked them what is making them to feel this way. The reply was, they read it in auto sites and some magazines. I explained my theory to them why this Duster is over priced and finally they agreed with me.

Now, I don't know how many are going to become prey for this so called VFM package from Renault. God save those poor souls.

Just read another interesting observation from a person who TD'ed the 110 hp version in another forum. Here it is.

"Done with the test drive of the top of the line diesel.

Holy turbolag batman! Nothing at all under 2000 rpm so driving this vehicle fully loaded in the hills is going to be interesting with a lot of gearshifting (especially the 6 speed). I am not entirely sure sticking in such a small displacement diesel is going to work for people who travel in packs of 5 with luggage on weekends.

I've booked the 110bhp but I now want to TD the 85bhp to see if the smaller turbo has less turbo lag. It is really VERY annoying when you slot into 2nd and find everyone overtaking you. You need to re-learn driving and slot into 1st everytime you approach a hill at slow speeds.

My enthusiasm has been dampened by the engine specs. The 110 runs out of breath so quickly I can't believe they tested it to be faster than the XUV which pulls like a freight train!"

Source - Renault Duster : Official Launch Report - Page 3 - Team-BHP
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  2. carsingh01

carsingh01

Renault Duster Launched in India

Renault Duster mileage is 13.24 kmpl for the 1.6 petrol and goes up to 20.25 for the 85 PS diesel engine. It comes in three engine variants of 1.6 litre petrol which powers up to 104 PS and two diesel engine that is 1.5 litre and powers up to 85 PS and 110 PS.
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Did you read some posts in this thread for the last couple of pages?
  4. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Does this 1.6 petrol the same that powered Logan 1.6?
    I think Renault is not doing enough home work.
  5. GirishRaghu

GirishRaghu Amatore

MH-15 / MH-04
    Thane
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Fiat should take a leaf out of Renault's book and introduce the Freemont in India.

Fiat Freemont

I have read blogs that this SUV is selling in good numbers in the US. The car has been designed in collaboration with Chrysler. Fiat should not get it through the CBU rotue, as that would make it expensive, they should assemble it in India and pricing should be aggressive.

I would luv to see this SUV in India sometime next year, bring it on Fiat before it is too late.

Cheers.
    1 person likes this.
  6. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Renault Duster is a joke in INDIAN automobile industry. 14 lac for this ca bull shit. I can spend some more money and will buy Scorpio, XUV500 or Innova instead of buying this car :)

Today I got a chance to see Dodge Journey aka FIAT Freemont in Sheffied. It was silver in color and was looking macho, bigger and sporty too.

FIAT Should launch this car in INDIA with price tag of 15-16lakh.
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2012
  7. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    That segment need to revision in India. Like Palio revived the hatch followed by Punto we are waiting for Fiat to benchmark that segment.
    Always carry a mobile camera. ;)
    1 person likes this.
  8. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I feel the Price goes against the car, further there is no 4x4 & the doors, they are lighter than my Alto :).

Kiran
    1 person likes this.
  9. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    If the price is a little on the higher side,I think there is a reason-depreciation of Rupee.
    A noodle packet I was buying for 20 Rs 6 months back,now costs 34Rs and a Mother's recipe pickle I was buying for Rs22 until 6 months back,now costs Rs36.(I know pickle is not imported!)
    Since Renault Duster has 40% of the parts imported,may be the depreciation of the Rupee eventually led to the increase in the cost.I was thinking if the car would have cost a lakh lesser if it had been launched 6 months back when Rupee was at 44 per Dollor.May be that is precisely the reason as to why XUV is comparitively cheap,nothing is imported.

---------- Post added at 05:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------

Cheap or not cheap,the car has had 4000 prebooking(as was told by the CEO on Headlines today channel) and people are flocking to the showroom in the times of economic gloom and slowdown,probably this is the first times outside Maruthi history,where a car had so many bookings even before launch and where people are booking even today without seeing and test driving the 80hp version.
    But,for me,this is after all a Dacia and not a Renault.
  10. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    May be people are fed up with seeing innova and want something different. It is also possible that the a bigger share of 4000 might have come from taxi(low end version).
    The FE of duster is better than Innova so people may prefer it over innova.