1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Renault Duster

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by ramjn, Jun 26, 2012.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Base Diesel variant may be better but not the higher end Diesels. The cost has atleast exceeded 1L from the VFM pricing.

---------- Post added at 01:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 AM ----------

Here's the OTR pricing for Duster in Chennai. Anyone in his normal mindset will not buy RxZ :D. Spend Rs. 30k more and get XUV500 W6.

85 PS RXL(O) and 110 PS RXL = Rs. 12,21,113
    RXZ = Rs. 13,41,724
    RXZ(O) = Rs. 13,77,907
  2. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Even an 85 wouldn't cut the ice, what more of a functionality is it offering apart from the increased GC
  3. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Not so VFM as exaggerated all over the net !! For the top end diesel, i would prefer XUV500 !!
    But a very good mini urban SUV with a turning raduis of 5.2mtrs and light offroader with likely styled bumpers with 30 deg approach angle(as told by the guy there). The looks from the front i imposing, nice, but rear is disappointing. There is a solid engine protection plate going all under hood !
    No auto climate control even in top end but has rear ac vents, no projector headlamps,front seats not so comfortable, XUV's seats can be made the benchmark, it was so good !! A very basic instrument cluster n central dash, neatly arranged, but not so good for car for 13L ! The audio controls is kewl, felt like paddle shifters !! The central locking button is in the central dash, as well as hazards light button placed very low there !! Silver colour door handles and ORVM are big time ugly n cheap looking !!In fact, cost cutting can be seen everywhere ! The fm antenna is so huge like ham antenna fixed on front roof , they could have adopted the antenna from koleos.!! the meaty roof rails add to the suv factor though . They could have implemented a instrument cluster styling like fluence.. it feels so contemporary yet not so fancy like XUV's ! The 16" alloy is so damn boring ...just swap it with the 17" alloys from koleos,, which resembles the audi R8 V10's alloys... it ll be damn good ! Unfortunately, no rear disc brakes even for 110 hp top end variant !!
    The gear shifts were slick n short, feels nice , has 6 gears and reverse gear just like in palio..pull n shift !! The power specs are 85hp and 200nm of torque and 110hp n 250 hm of torque.. n i think it really needs the 110 hp version, or definitely will have to go for a tuning box after getting the 85hp top version. From a test drive report from a person known, it has huge turbo lag, n pulls only from 2k rpm , which is a let down..and steering is a delight in the city !
    Sorry no photos, didnt take camera.. Why the heck are they promoting only that brown colour.. i didnt like it !! it would look much better in black ! The TD car ll be ready only after 10th, hope to get a drive by then !!
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2012
  4. ccprakash

ccprakash Regolare

Bangalore
    Its not a VFM car in my view. The diff between the basic versions of the duster and safari is only 15000/-. Definitely I will prefer to go for Tata Safari.
  5. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    How is it not VFM car,when it's priced almost on par with Punto sports and only half or a lakh more than the 4 meter dezire????,despite being a size bigger???
  6. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    True bala, duster is VFM because Punto

got only 90HP
    got All safety features
    got Alloys, ACC
    has better service coverage

So why is priced along with a cheap world SUV only priced not cheap for India?
    2 people like this.
  7. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Look at the pricing again and see the below ad again.
    85 PS RXL(O) and 110 PS RXL = Rs. 12,21,113
    RXZ = Rs. 13,41,724
    RXZ(O) = Rs. 13,77,907

Now, I think that this very good advert of Renault is very much true for those who waited for Duster without buying other cars. :D

1 person likes this.
  8. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    I'm so glad that Sathya picked up XUV instead of this third world pseudo SUV
  9. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Are you kidding Bala?

The OTR price of Punto Sports with 90HP engine, and with all safety features and much more features is less than the ex-showroom price of bare bone base version of Duster with 85 HP.

If you still like to compare Punto with Duster, then lets take Punto Active and Duster RxE. Pay 2.7 Lakhs more for Duster for a bigger size, higher GC, +9HP, and a bigger boot.
    2 people like this.
  10. ccprakash

ccprakash Regolare

Bangalore
    You are comparing the base version of Duster with TOP end version of PUNTO. Just check the features available in both the models.

---------- Post added at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 AM ----------

I just went to renault showroom in whitefiled. People are Queued up for TD. I have seen the car, looking good from front and side. But the doors are very lightweight and top end (110ps) On road price is 14lacks+.

Road visibility is very good, but i didnt get that much comfort in the drivers seat.