1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Renault Duster

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by ramjn, Jun 26, 2012.

1. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Today we had a first look of Duster in Renault Service Center.....consequently my friend booked the Vehicle. Booking Amount was 50,000INR.
    Sales guy was hesitant to show vehicle . Some how we managed to catch the look of Duster by visiting service center. Indeed it was good.
    On Front look it does'nt look as Macho as we see in Portals. Side looks are great. Alloys were awesome.
    Sales guy is saying Base variant with 85 Bhp will be priced from 7.5 to 8.2 lacs not sure though. On July 4th they are launching Duster officially in Hyderabad ( May be all over india).
    Interior wise we did'nt got chance to see as doors were locked.
    Duster will be head turner for sure.....
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2012
  2. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

Pune
    @ramjn: I really don't think the Duster can in any way compete with the XUV500 and agree with you that if they are going to price it around 12 lakhs OTR then they are going to have a tough time selling it.

But I still do believe that there is a market for a soft roader to take on the likes of the Scorpio and Safari which are much heavier cars with bigger engines which consume more fuel. So the Duster should do well between the price range of 8 to 10 Lakhs even it may not have as potent an engine as the competition I think it will be more fuel efficent which would help its cause.
    1 person likes this.
  3. sashank82

sashank82

Gurgaon
    The irony in India is simple - all manufacturers take us for granted, except maybe a Fiat and a handful few!

Here's why - all the SUV's from International brands are sold at less than half the price across the world, including markets like South America and Africa. Not one of these guys is bothered about manufacturing them 100% in India, for instance, an Outlander can be bought for Rs. 12 Lacs if only Mitsubishi wanted to make them here completely. And as a result, all Indian makers (read Tata Safari, Scorpio, XUV) sell substandard products for Rs.10 to Rs.15 Lacs bracket!

Simple bench-mark is a FIAT Punto/Linea, Hyundai Fluidic Verna....

The Dacia is a sub-standard piece of machinery for anytyhing more than Rs. 9 Lacs, be it for the ergonomics or the interiors or the brand "duster" itself! But, Iam happy as it is a great step forward in bringing the prices down and forcing bigger manufactureres to start manufacturing in India......

Won't you be happy if you could choose between an Outlander, X1, Koleos, Captiva and a CR-V in a budget of Rs. 15 Lacs???:rolleyes:
    3 people like this.
  4. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

On my way home I saw a duster in the Renault showroom in Vytella cochin
  5. Toruk_Macto

Toruk_Macto Amatore

Ghatkopar-Mumbai
    The meaning of VFM is changed in India. It means if you get a car of upper segment in the price of lower segment, then it's VFM. Manufacturers takes advantages of this. They will just increase length, breadth, seating capacity etc and do cost cutting in all the other non-visible parts. eg Nano, Etios, Liva and others. If seating capacity and space is the criteria, then I think 10 seater Tata Sumo is the most VFM. Duster may be the another Etios in the making. Manufacturers are here to do the business, not for social service. They will give the people a product which is worth it's price, not an SUV at Sedan's price.
  6. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I Agree with you. But compare Punto with Swift, Liva, Figo.
    IMO punto stands first in terms of Build Quality, Handling, Suspension, Mileage and Looks and hence its VFM.
    Example : In Punto Active we have options of Front power Windows and Tachometer.
    In Swift LDI there is no option of power windows and Tachometer ( Cheap thinking by Maruti ). Customer is shelling out 6 lacs then also
    poor fellow will not have an idea of in which RPM his machine is running.
    This is called VFM.

If Renault Delivers Duster as same Quality whats wrong in it.
    If we are buying thin quality Dzire for 8 Lacs, we can always see Duster is the Better alternate to those thin sedans.

IMO if interiors are given low quality with they priced it low then its OK.
    But the exterior & Drivability options, strength of materials ( Build Quality ) should not be Compromised.
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Dzire? Sedan? Are you sure? :D
    2 people like this.
  8. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Feviquick sedan is more appropriate.
  9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Sharing some pictures of the Duster which I liked.

p1.jpg

p2.jpg

p3.jpg
    2 people like this.
  10. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Renault is promoting only one color .. Brown.. I saw the new show piece in Showroom is in brown color. Wonder why?