1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Renault Duster

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by ramjn, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Yes,Ramjn,but I some how feel that Sathya will start disliking his XUV once the honey moon period is over.For some one who had liked an European car so far,liking an Indian or a Korean car is not possible I thought.
  2. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    Bala, If price was only the consideration for a product to sell, then Fiat products would have been a big hit by now. We Indians are not that simple in our thoughts. We will have to wait and see.

Abdul
    1 person likes this.
  3. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    All agreed, but personally i would never ever buy a car/suv manufactured by an Indian company in the very first year of its release. May be i am a bit cynical, but i like it to be that way.
  4. sathya_sc

sathya_sc

Chennai
    Wow.. where did I come here. Ok, let me put my perspective here -

1. I care a DAMN about the manufacturer of the car. First of all, having driven so many vehicles right from my 8th class.. I just check whether the underpinnings are right and proceed.
    2. XUV ticked my requirements and I went and bought it. There is no question of Mahindra or any tom dick and harry company there.
    3. And more importantly, I stand by my decision since the vehicle has been superb so far. Better than the so called European Manufacturers..
    4. If I dont like the vehicle, I will change to another one - could be a Mahindra or TATA or any DAMN manufacturer. I have no regrets in my decision. After all it is a commodity that I bought and I can change any time.

As simple as that. Strictly my perspective on this whole thing. Period.
    3 people like this.
  5. Sathya , Just now finished the review from the link ramesh provided .. I enjoyed reading it . Infact when this vehicle was launched I happen to read the niggles thread from the same site and after that I lost interest in XUV . But later I happen to read your encounter wth XUV and how it gave u a tough fight, I started to read more abt XUV and now after your review my perception about this vehicle has changed .. Thanks for that :)

Ajit
    1 person likes this.
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Great. May I need to request mods to change the title of this thread to 'Mahindra XUV500'? :D
    I should also to be blamed for dragging in the XUV here in this thread. Let us discuss about Duster, guys.
    3 people like this.
  7. LOL .. Sorry Ramesh about that .. I will wait to see the duster in flesh .. so probably another 2 more weeks ? But in the ad , it looks promising .

Ajit
  8. sathya_sc

sathya_sc

Chennai
    Thanks Ajit. Glad to know that my quick review helped.

It has been 5 days with the vehicle and 2000kms, the vehicle has been good and niggle free. Hope, that it remains the same way going forward as well. All that matters to me is the Engine, "decent" dynamics and 7 seats and this vehicle gives me more on those fronts. I really don't care on the electronics etc.

Overall, my initial view is - the vehicle has exceeded my expectations. Was cruising all along from Trichy to Chennai b/w 140 and 160 without a sweat. I didnt even hear the engine at 140! I don't think any other SUV at this class gives me that. and press of the pedal, the speedo reads 180 in no time. More importantly we dont need to wet our pants at those speeds because of the roll that you find in other SUV's!!::D

Longer run, only time will tell. I will update it with the +ves and -ves as I put more miles on the vehicle.

---------- Post added at 12:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 PM ----------

Sorry Ramesh for digressing the thread. Lets discuss Duster now. Anywayz my car is old already with 2000kms!!
    1 person likes this.
  9. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    But guys, I being a very very big XUVfan was completely shocked when one of my friend's XUV developed multiple problems within 14 days of being delivered. Tomorrow on 28th, it completes 20 days and is being at the workshop since the past 6 days or so for replacement of the vehicle itself.

Yes, Mahindra has been kind enough to replace the whole XUV for him. He has asked me not to share the details on web forums and hence I am not sharing the details. I just hope Mahindra makes it right from the beginning so that XUV gets no negative marketing by word of mouth from owners and car lovers.
  10. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Aniket's ride ?? i think i saw some pics in fb. What was the problems which devoloped? Anyway, its bound to happen, one in a thousand is a lemon, moreover, when they are struggling to meets the demands, it gets more !!