1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Renault Duster

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by ramjn, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Are you questioning capability of an Indian car manufacturer? As long as they keep their intended customers happy, they are winners. Ramesh is suggesting a better option than Duster, which is also in reachable limits. One should appreciate them for what they are and what they good at.
  2. teky

teky Esperto

Latest tip is that the On-road price for the top end wouldn't cross 11L, so indeed it's a serious competition to sedans. Never been fan of looks though, looks downright quirky. Also some 1000 bookings have been made so far without seeing the car.
  3. sungoa2010

It is hard to get that numbers after seeing the car
  4. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

how is this car different from the existing Renault SUV...?

---------- Post added at 11:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 AM ----------

At 7lacs.. wow.. now my question is what would be the size of the vehicle!!!

"It is said that the petrol version of Duster will be offered with a price tag of Rs. 7 lacs. In addition, Duster’s base model of diesel series will cost Rs. 8 lacs and its fully loaded version will be put on sale for somewhere around Rs. 12 lacs."

Renault to set launch for Duster at Rs. 7 lacs : ClubAuto.in

---------- Post added at 11:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 AM ----------

In this picture.. i looks quite big...

Wall Photos | Facebook
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2012
  5. royj

royj Esperto

At 4.3m length, it is a little shorter than Scorpio which is 4.4m.
  6. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Grande Punto 1.4
  7. Bala

Bala Esperto

It should be the first time in Indian automobile history,where a non Maruthi car has garnered so many booking,even with out a single person seeing the car in flesh,even before 2 weeks ahead of the launch.Even with Uno,Fiat had 2,80,000 booking only after people saw the car in flesh.
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Pardon my ignorance. But, how many bookings did Duster manage till now and any source of the information?
  9. Not 2 Weeks, but 2 years back itself, the eagerness started.

One of my relative was looking for an SUV 1 and half years back. He is not an auto enthusiast or anything, he dosen't even know some of the cars that are current. Last year when we were talking about the SUVs, I asked him to wait for the New Safari and XUV. He said he will wait till Duscon. I thought he is talking about Hyundai Tucson, told him that is not gonna be in his 15 Lac budget. He said Duscon is less than 12 and was sure. And he didn't even remember the Renault Brand. After a Lot of questioner, I found it to be Renault Duster. He is still waiting for a Test Drive.

Maruthi Suzuki missed this opportunity by not bringing a facelifted gypsy in this segment.
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    It would be a hit if priced between 11 and 11.5L OTR for the top end model. Anything more than that doesn't make any sense to me. I would prefer to stretch my budget and get a proper SUV than getting this mini SUV for more than 12L.

Still waiting for the pricing with fingers crossed...

clash81, I suggest you read the "Initial driving report" of XUV500 from a T-Jet owner.

M(y) Hawk - Grey Mahindra XUV500 W6 - Team-BHP
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2012
    1 person likes this.