1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Renault Duster

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by ramjn, Jun 26, 2012.

1. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I have took test drive of 110 BHP in Last week .. First and Second gears does'nt have much to talk about.... But from Third it is pulling Easily...and Morever i have applied brakes several times at speed of 80 - 90 ... Brakes works well .
    Waitng for 85 BHP Model to test drive.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Today, I got to test drive the Duster 85HP.

I walked into the Renault showroom at Anna salai after dropping my Linea for the third service. I went in and was promptly attended. I interacted with Mr. Karthik (SA) there. He specifically asked for the TD of 85hp and the vehicle was also readily available. As soon as I got the drivers seat, it was visibly very tall. But, did not feel like a SUV. The doors, plastics, interiors all looked very cheap. Cheaper than our cars. I started to drive and the vehicle responded very well.

Here are my observations.

- Almost no turbo lag. Turbo kicks in at 1200rpm onwards.
    - Very much drivable in the city traffic. But, there is no mad rush that I get in my Linea in the second gear.
    - Brakes are good but not a match to Punto/Linea. Same applies to the steering feedback as well.
    - Absolutely no worries about the bad roads. It is taking bad roads so easily. The ride quality is also good.

I was informed that they have currently stopped taking booking for the base 85hp version. They will again open the booking only in February'2013.
    2 people like this.
  3. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Bangalore
    I happened to check DUster as well..

From outside its looks are ominous...striking & brilliant!

But once inside..you will then realize...how mediocore things are...

Interior quality is strictly average...

It did pull well in city...but when I gased it it took some time to respond...

I guess its a good buy to show off...but if you are thinking of performance look elsewhere....110HP is way costly compared to what it offers...
  4. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    What a democracy! 1.5dci is used by rich as well as poor starting from logan/micra to duster/fluence.
    1 person likes this.
  5. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    1.5 dCi engine is tuned in a different way for each of the car. Yes they are using dCi engine at its full potential. Does 110hp duster has VGT?
  6. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    Yes Kedarbhai, it has the VGT, but it looses the DPF which is their for the export versions.
  7. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Jishnu what does DTF means?
  8. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Diesel Particulate Filter.. supposed to improve emissions, but a wholly expendable item in my belief.
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2012
  9. .period. .
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3