1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Renault Duster

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by ramjn, Jun 26, 2012.

1. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Renault Duster is completely over priced. They should have price a lakh lesser to gain lots of sales volumes, I think Renault is going to 85bhp Diesel Engine variant only.

Any fool person only will go and buy RxZ 110ps variant. I dont know at which price bracket they are going to price 4X4 version of Duster.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    People are really crazy. One of my colleague's friend has booked 85 RxE which costs 9.4 OTR in Chennai. He didn't even TD the car and has booked it going by the looks.
  3. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    There is a huge demand for a entry level SUV in India. I think what make duster attractive is FE than look.
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2012
  4. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Hmm. May be both. For some, it will be FE and for others it will be looks. But, both these category of people think that they are getting a SUV which is not entirely true. As I told earlier, I did not feel like sitting in a SUV from the Duster's driver seat. It is very much low and only a tadd higher than the Sedans.
  5. ccprakash

ccprakash Regolare

Bangalore
    I had taken the TD yday. The clutch and gear are very hard. But the initial power was good. i have taken 110bhp. Till date they crossed 600 bookings in bangalore alone.
  6. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I didn't drive but I felt the gear shifting to be smoother than Punto and Linea.
  7. macky

macky Amatore

I was there at the showroom this weekend@ Jubliee checkpost/hyderabad. There was lots of activity after the launch and if not for Duster there would be none.

In flesh the car( I would prefer calling it that way, may be its too low) is good from outside,
    but what put me off was the average interiors, fit and finish and there is no european thud! when closing the door, atmost its on par with Scorpio or may be better but not in the league of other European cars!.
    There is no 60:40 split seats. no slider for the rear seats as well,
    also the AC vent for the rear occupants is like an after market fitting and
    for each varient there is a price difference of 1Lack which is atrocious,
    looks like its cheaper in UK then in India though for both the countries its manufactured in India.
    Its no VFM for sure and the top end should have come with 4by4. To me only the base varient in diesel makes sense, but with out ABS???
  8. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
  9. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    One of my colleague's friend who booked the Duster in the first of week of its launch has now decided to cancel the booking after he test drove the vehicle yesterday. He test drove the 110 hp version and is not happy with the performance. He is feeling his current Swift 1.3 petrol is better in performance :).
    1 person likes this.
  10. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Lol - He drives a petrol now and feels an Oil burner is not good in performance. I hope understands the characteristics of Petrol viz Diesel and also an NA vs Turbo diesel - if he is buying this for outright acceleration then it really can't help. However the 110HP will shine on the highway and the puny 1.3L shall be biting dust.