1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Removing Stickers

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Ravi, Nov 12, 2010.

1. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    I found a better way of removing it... I saw my night watchman sleeping and snoring... I woke him up and as a punishment asked him to take out "Malik Cars" sticker with his nails from the rear glass.... Voila!!! The sticker was gone in the morning and he also cleaned the glass with water... I gave him 10 bucks and he was happy smiling :D
  2. Offtopic : This is really too much...i am surprised that he is happy with the 10 bucks :):)
  3. drarvindc

drarvindc

Nagpur
    I had made it part of PDI and instructed the dealer guys not to put any sticker on the car body. They did put the sticker on the number plate with temp. no. anyways, that was replaced with metal number plate.

Jaika Motors, Nagpur on my visit for cleaning stuck their colorful sticker on the rear windscreen without permission. I called for the guy and gave him real good shouting, he ran and got it removed. We went to highland park here at Nagpur, since i had seen the stickers on the back of many cars here, i knew they would add the same. The first thing i did after parking was to meet the parking incharge and asked him to refrain from any stickers.

Removal is one thing, but i think most can be avoided if we state our refusal to accept any stickers on our cars.
  4. Hello Guys, removal of stickers from glass area is fine with the above methods, how about removing them from painted surfaces?

i have a vinyl on fuel cap and nightglow/radium on the boot. How can both be removed safely from the painted surface?
  5. chetan:
    vinyl can be heated a little using hair drier and peeled off easily.
    radium i fear is little difficult. try getting expert advice. the paint might get peeled off.
  6. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    just apply some heat with a heat gun/ use hot water and cloth soaked in hot water, and and slowly start peeling it off, if any glue remains just clean it with colin
  7. @phew, is it applicable for radium stickers too?
  8. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    DISCLAIMER!!

Using ACETONE on plastic material, vinyl may cause damage to material. Even it may be hazardous if inhale.
    Keep it away from childrens.
    May react with rubber bendings near windshields/windshield sealing rubber.

Use the solution on your own risk. I(adviser) will not be held responsible for any mishapps.
    guys dont broke your/your watchman's nails to remove dealership stickers!!:D:p here is the solution for this painful work making it totally painless! Just go to any medical shop & ask him for bottle of ''ACETONE( (CH3)2CO.)'' pour it on a waste cloth & rapidly start rubbing on sticker. You need do same procedure again & again, cause ACETONE evaporates rapidly in air. Sticker easily comes off. For more effect use a blunt blade to remove the sticker first then use ACETONE to remove the sticky gum.(useful for radium stickers too!)
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2011
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    THAT is one helluva disclaimer. :D
  10. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Sure is

Harmony & Choas