1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Removing Stickers

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Ravi, Nov 12, 2010.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    :eek:fftopic Dilip, how did you remove dealers sticker? Even I have to remove them.
  2. mescotc

mescotc Amatore

Boisar , Tarapur
    Re: TFI Stickers on your Car & Sightings - Post pics here...

I've removed dealer stickers by my nail I t took me 3 days to remove 10 alphabets , 3 letters/day , I didn't dare to use Razor blade.

BTW during our visit on 3rd dec, could we request FIAT to instruct its dealers , not to put any stickers on the vehicle, they can put stickers on registration plate which is a supplied by them.

Atul
  3. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore

I used my Victorinox Swiss Army knife [aka pen knife] to remove Concorde sticker pasted on my Linea's rear window. The trick is just to glide the knife between the underneath of the sticker and top of the glass surface parallel to the glass surface without scratching it. Later, thoroughly wash the glass area with glass cleaner, and then, with water. Presto! No traces of dealer sticker! :)
  4. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2

Hi ,

Even i have used my nails to remove the dealers sticker on the number plate .

Whereas the sticker below the third brake light was removed by an another dealer [ on several requests only ] . Dey used some solution , a thin metal plate and voila !! sticker removed without a scratch ... Some gum from the sticker was left was easily cleaned off with the solution used earlier . Solution was blue colored [ colin type ] ...

Ravi sir , but it can be a little tricky using a knife on the glass ....

Dilip
  5. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore

I used my Swiss Army knife instead of a thin metal plate, that was the only difference! ::T I took a lot of care to see that knife just glided over the foundation of the sticker [gum layer] without scratching the glass surface.
  6. arulvr

arulvr Amatore

Bangalore
    I still waiting to get rid of it for the last 7 months :-( don't want to take chances on getting scratches...
  7. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
  8. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Mumbai
    Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Hi,
    i used WD-40 spray and a thin plastic strip for removing the dealer & t-bhp stickers.

--Rajeev
  9. gautamkhadse

gautamkhadse Regolare

Pune
    i used a normal topaz blade to remove stickers from the glass ..... it doesnt scratch the glass .. I was being extra cautious while using the blade but at one point my hand slipped and it went on the glass . I though it must have scratched the glass . But nope it didnt . The blade or knife doesnt scratch the glass , you can try it in a small corner if you'd like
  10. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    Use one end of towel --> dip it in boiling water --> place towel carefully (dont be careless as its boiling water and can hurt your hands /skin) on stickers for 8-10 seconds, stickers tends to drop off due to heat..this works on stainless steel mugs, plates etc, hence might work on cars as well? Wat say folks?