1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Removing CNG - Palio 1.6

Discussion in 'Classic and Retro FIAT's' started by kk27, Dec 29, 2012.

1. kk27

kk27 Amatore

Kandivali - Mumbai
    Kandivali - Mumbai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Hi Guys,

This has been going around in my mind for a long time. I've been quite frustrated with the CNG giving issues even after I upgraded it with a closed loop! moreover it gives further problems in running when in petrol mode! Just concluded an Amazing Drive to Triambakeshwar on 27th! And all the while I was driving I could feel a world of difference from my last drive when I went to Igatpuri mostly on CNG mode! feeling this difference I've almost made my mind up to remove the CNG altogether & use the car only for Fun Drives rather than a daily banger...which is why I bought the car in the first place.

Before I could go ahead & do that just wanted to know can I sell the kit? As such the upgraded closed loop was bought just a few months ago (Lovato) I'm sure I can atleast sell that off make some bit? Any experience/ advice will be appreciated.
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2012
  2. kk27

kk27 Amatore

Kandivali - Mumbai
    Kandivali - Mumbai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Hey guys looking out for reverts
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Good decision. The 1.6 is a lovely engine.

You can ask the installer if he has any customer who needs such a kit. Keep margin in the price for the installer so that he is happy as well. Else, classifieds might help!
    1 person likes this.
  4. Cashier

Cashier Amatore

Mumbai
    I second that, personally I think the car was designed for PETROL, and so it should be used as such.

But that is my personal opinion.

5. kk27

kk27 Amatore

Kandivali - Mumbai
    Kandivali - Mumbai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Well that's what I think too. It came installed when I bought the car & that time my logic said to keep it & use it as required, but considering the above few aspects I wanna take it out!
  6. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    What issues you r facing while running the car on CNG.Some issues like loss of power, knocking, jerks r part of game and can be corrected with professional fitment and regular tuning.
    Sometimes i feel that Fiat cars doesn't go well with CNG unlike Japanese and Korean cars although I know two people who have converted Linea into CNG and they r happy.Also Fiat sells CNG cars in Italy and other countries.
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2012