1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Removal of gear shift panel

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by varin11, Nov 2, 2016.

1. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Guys , if u can let me know how to remove the plastic panel under the Linea MJD gear shift...which extends from the gear shift to the rear Ac vents.
    If anybody can give me detailed process, please.

2. Dhruv_Sappers

Dhruv_Sappers Amatore

I have a punto and have opened the panels. There are multiple screws on both sides of the panel. You to remove the floor dressing and the bolts can be located. If you visit this link http://www.99rpm.com/fiat/gear-lever-dashboard-console-linea.html, it will give you an apt description of the location of bolts and fitments.

asimpleson likes this.
  3. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks for the reply..... how to remove the leather wrap on the gear stick fully with the chrome beading at the bottom from the console

4. Umesh Kumar

Umesh Kumar Novizio

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    1.Unfasten the velcro straps.
    2.Gently push the leather wrap down for more room and it will be easy for you to find the locks.
    2.Pull the locks marked in red towards the gear lever. Do not use too much force.
    (removing half of the locks on one side will let you tilt and lift it out).

Look at the snaps to get an idea of where the locks are located. This is how it looks underneath. Took them out to change the power socket bulbs once.

Umesh

View attachment 90259

WP_20161108_19_50_00_Pro.jpg

WP_20161108_19_47_49_Pro.jpg

asimpleson likes this.
  5. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks