1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Remote Locking in Punto Active.. OEM or After market?

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by abybaby92, Jul 13, 2012.

1. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Bangalore
    Your audio related changes are different..I do not have much idea with warranty issues with audio change...

I would say at least get remote locking done from TASS
  2. In addition to it should i get the door handles, orvm and the grill painted from TASS. They are quoting 3.5k for it.
  3. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Bangalore
    Which color is ur car??

I did door handles,ORVM & front grill changed to sliver..

Total it cost be around 2.7k
  4. Bossa Nova White. I just checked out the pics of one with black door handles and it doesn't look good at all. But i think TASS is quoting me high prices for everything.
  5. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Bangalore
    If your car color is BNW ..then pause for a min and think for few days...

Some people started like BNW..with black door handles and black front grill (especially if the lower lip is also painted black..some in TFI have already done this)...the car will look stunning..infact the BEST looking Punto's are like this..same is done for Silver & Red Punto's as well...

If you really do decide, go for painting ORVM"s & handles...but I would definitely suggest to keep your front grill black ....
  6. Thanks for the suggestion i will look into it if the TASS helps me out regarding this.
  7. ratanshivi

ratanshivi Regolare

Mald (East)
    Hey Abybaby92,

I also had the same confusion all this while. I have just finished 2.6 years and finally took the plunge. I have also got the remote locking fitted in the market because the TASS guys wanted 10K here in Mumbai. I have paid just 4k and the guy has not touched any of the original wirings. Altough I was very lucky that My car handles were replaced in the first Year by TASS with the 90Hp model handles, as a result it had the Actuators on it which was the added advantage I Had whilst getting the Market set up. I have got a cute feather touch remote and the make is Ju-Shin by Minda. I will add the Picture shortly..Life in the Active 1.2 is difficult without the remote lock and now is easier..worth the Investment..
  8. I am getting the door handles and ORVM's painted for now leaving the front grill. And since i have been quoted 2.5k for remote locking outside and i have been assured that the wires are going to be clipped and not cut, therefore i am going for aftermarket only. And please upload the picture of our remote soon.
    Thanks
  9. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    one answer for all, if no existing wire is cut, warranty will be intact!