1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Remote Locking in Punto Active.. OEM or After market?

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by abybaby92, Jul 13, 2012.

1. Hi fellow TFIans,
    I need a quick suggestion on whether to install OEM remote locking in my active or to find a better deal outside. I have been quoted 5k for OEM by the dealer. But i dont like the key and cant really trust TASS on dealing with the issues afterwards. Please help me asap out since i need to take the delivery of my car this Sunday.
    Thanks
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2012
  2. Prajith

Prajith Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Hi Aby, I own a Punto Active. I checked with few shops for remote locking but they all suggested me to do it from FIAT because of the warranty issue. I think FIAT will void the electrical warranty if its tampered and hence I went on with the OEM remote locking. I have had no issues with it till now. I payed Rs 7000 for it though it is much cheaper outside.
  3. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Aby,

Go for FIAT suggested one. Make sure u have sensors installed on All Doors and Boot also.
    Most of technicians just install on driver side only. Be Particular about this.

Cheers...
  4. But what if the aftermarket guy says he wont cut the wires and therefore the warranty wont be void. He has dealt with such issues before and he ensures me that there wont be any issue regarding the warranty.
  5. Prajith

Prajith Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I have fixed remote lock on my previous car Alto and When I was checking the price at different shops no one had problems doing it. However when I went for Punto, almost all the shops were telling the same thing. They were willing to do if I had no problems. So I did it from FIAT to avoid any complications. Even if nothing was done to the wires, service guys may end up pointing this as the cause of some other problem. So I went with FIAT to be on the safer side. Not sure if there is anyone in TFI who has fixed it from aftermarket guys.
  6. But i intend to upgrade the hu and speakers as soon as i get the car since i have heard of only negative reviews of the OEM speakers and want my system to support USB nd AUX. And since i dont get the fog lights in my active i also want to install HID. The TASS is anyways going to create a fuss about these installations. And since this can be done from outside only, i would want to get the remote locking also done aftermarket. I will get a better deal this way.
  7. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Bangalore
    I fioxed remote locking for my Active Punto for about 3.5K from TASS itself...

2012 Punto's have something in-built so its is 3.5K

For older ones its costs around 7-8K...
  8. I have been quoted 5k by the TASS. Should i go with them or get it done from outside?
  9. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Bangalore
    If ur's is a 2012 car...go for TASS for sure..else ur warranty will be void.
  10. But i intend to get the upgrades as mentioned above. Will that make my warranty void?