1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Remapping and turning my Linea into a beast by UD MOTOR X

Discussion in 'Engine and Drivetrain' started by mishers, Jun 17, 2014.

1. mishers

mishers Timido

Remapping of my LINEA 1.3 mjd 90 bhp by UD MOTOR X

I bought my new pre-owned linea 2010 which did only 37,000 kms. The condition is really good except few small scratches on the exterior car runs really fine no mechanical problems as I picked her up from a close friend of mine. Now this car was performing as good as new.

Specs Linea 1.3 mjd before and after remap
    Power – 90 bhp
    Torque – 207 nm
    After Remap
    Power – 116 bhp
    Torque – 240 nm
    EGR off (Exhaust gas recirculation)

About UD MOTOR X based in New Delhi - They are partnered up with KIIRUS from Mumbai and working with lot of tuning houses over Europe and Asia providing tuning for cars, bikes, ATV and etc too.

I already had planned out about the mods and series of changes I will have done on my car.

Stuff I panned out before buying the car are:

• Remap
    • Performance Air filter or intake kit (may be K&N or BMC)
    • Tyres for better grip but there is still lot of rubber left on the old one will upgrade to 205/60 15 Yokohama ES100 (heard they are bit noisy but I think it’s a good compromise in exchange of their superb performance)

I am very specific when it comes to buying a product for my car I put full research into the product because it’s like deciding the future of my car.
    I had searched about the tuners who were here in India I had talked to everyone and looked for answers which don’t goes round the bush. If there is something fishy I sense it on the spot.
    I have friends who have tuned cars possibly from every tuner in india and have test drove few of them, had talked with everybody and looked at personal reviews of friends. After all my research and big headache I knew I was gonna go with ud motor x.
    They were the one with best results in drivability, performance, and experience in all kind of engines. Their R&D was at insane level (discussed below).

Remapping Experience

I called ud motor x and asked about meeting them but as it was Sunday they were off so had fixed meeting time for next day for visiting them. Now I had all my queries put up and cleared like why?, how?, why not? All positive and negatives regarding remap. He explained me everything regarding performance, efficiency and answered all my questions to the fullest.
    And told me they provide various stages of tune 1st category is economy tune 2nd is power tunes and sectioned into stage 1,2,3 as increase in stage is recommended by addition of some performance parts and they just completed the tuning of bmw 530d with a map giving 70 bhp more over stock which is around 30 bhp more than there stage 1 remap as customer was keen on getting more power they said, he even showed me a dynograph of linea t-jet remapped to 200 bhp after a turbo upgrade (shown below),this is part of their R&D on engines, working on their project cars & taking power to the limit, log testing on cars, engines etc etc and much more.

1.4 tjet 200 hp @ 1.4 bar cr.jpg

I went for a test drive in his Ford figo 1.4 tdci (remapped From 68 bhp:160 nm to 90 bhp:200 nm) , I fully tested the car at all rev ranges and the car was amazing even better than my stock linea wiz 90 bhp it had such a smooth and powerful linear pull, it was so damn fun to pilot the accelerator :devilface, I was very satisfied to have the remap.

Now they started working on my ECU while I waited curiously but I think the process requires precision and patience for the process to complete. They asked me about the maps and they provided me with a stage 1 remap with 116 bhp designed for car with stock internals and asked me if I wanted to get my EGR off and initially i didnt know what it is, he explained me that EGR is a system built to recirculate the exhaust gases into intake and then in engine making bad combustion for reducing nox, EGR decreases the efficiency, life, power and average of engine and also told me turning EGR off might put out some smoke out of the exhaust but as far as I have noticed there is none, but the EGR valve automatically gets closed at higher rpm’s and I got my EGR turned of via programming but EGR Systems can also be physically removed when required.

And the whole process took around 3-4 hours for them to finally complete their programming and having my car ready for the final ride and told me map would take around 100 km to settle.

Below mentioned are the changes
    Power – 90 bhp to 116 bhp
    Torque – 207 nm to 240 nm
    EGR off (Exhaust gas recirculation)

Now on my way to home the first thing I noticed was the throttle response was so quick , now I was on a free road and I jammed up the throttle and she was Q-U-I-C-K , the car had become so free revving that it reached 4500 rpm in a blink. And definitely felt like lot more horses really pulling her. My 20 km drive to home became a 90-100 km drive and then it was like my linea had a whole new character added to it like a new beast in the engine and ready to roar like mad as it is on steroids and would like to say TRANSITION FROM STOCK TO TUNE WAS BEAUTIFUL. No need to tell I was on Yamuna expressway and hitting speeds that I was just unable to do before. Great handling package the car came bundled with deserves this wicked remap.
    Low, mid and high rev ranges all performed really well, all were full of power.

After getting my car remapped, I got it serviced and used the oil recommended by him and the engine is so smooth now but this oil is not mandatory.

Now my new plans - buying a pre-owned linea t jet and having it remapped to 200 bhp :wink:.

Effect of service on my car here: link
  2. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Linea T-Jet
    Seems great!! Any long term issues due to remap??
  3. as u mentioned that EGR is not good for engine however it is good for enviornment .. .. i want to know what would be the effect of EGR off on Car's performance ..technically is it advisable to switch off the EGR?
  4. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ashish, when my friend had low pickup issue in his linea, the svc itself disconnected the egr and it was all right and was running with that.then he got his ecu flashed from a representative of fiat and then only reconnected egr. The car will be alright coz the egr is added later to cope up with euro 4 emission norms, still it ll be under control according to indian standards. The performance will be slightly better without egr, to say.

Mishers, is that the map from kirrus you are running?
    If possible can you inquire what all have been done to that linea tjet and invite the owner over here, would love to hear about the works done in that to pump up to such insane levels !!
  5. mishers

mishers Timido

I went through the same phase and had same set of questions about reliability and all, When I was searching about remaps and I found they are the only one in india whose maps are dyno developed and tested and involving lot of r&d stuff. They push the engine to more 70-80% of the manufacturer’s engine power and still built for street purpose (means the engine reliability is not compromised car can be used daily) so their remap giving 30-40 bhp from the same engine shouldn’t bring any issues .
    And there are friends of mine running on their map and done 1000’s of km and one of them has clocked around 30k km’s and are still running good.

- - - Merged Post - - -

As he told me egr does not affect the performance very greatly but its about engine life and its efficiency and egr valves automatically closes at higher rpm’s.
    Exact performance difference can be measured by running my car with egr off and without remap compared to stock.

- - - Merged Post - - -

The t-jet got this performance by a turbo upgrade with a well tuned set up. other details I will check out with them.
    1 person likes this.
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congratulations :)
    So now when does the Turbo Kicks-In. RPM ? How about the turbo-lag ?
  7. deepakhon

deepakhon Amatore

Good to know that the T-Jet can be mapped to 200 horses. I would like to know the details of that. My T-jet is still very new to be considered for all these, but would definitely have one in future.
  8. Ravi_M

Ravi_M Regolare

Linea 1.3
    Basic doubt. Why is the engine not tuned to higher power by FIAT? Is it for better FE? Or for less pollution? I mean, if remapping is safe and good for driving, why not all these cars set to that. Bear with my ignorance. Experts?
  9. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Have BMC stock replacement in my car for last 2 k kms there is a slight difference but not major. BMC filtering media height is half of OEM filter and air flows from bottom (reason for less height of filter) to up and filter is solid from sides unlike OEM filter which sucks air from sides and then filtered air flows from top.
    How much did remap cost you?
  10. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

How much did they charge you for the remap.